Notifications
Clear all

Any Advice Guys?

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 01/05/2016 10:24 pm

Yo everyone. I know I've been posting a lot lately! But now that I know I have access to such an amazing group of people the questions just keep coming to me. I'm on my 3rd week of accutane and no longer getting any new spots *knock on wood* but the ones I had are pretty much still there or or worse than ever haha. It seems everything is scabbing up a lot more lately. A large cyst I had that now has white heads all over it just gets more and more sore. My skins been very dry as well even with lotion.

Main questions. How can I speed up recovery of open spots like the cyst I mentioned? What is a GREAT lotion to use while on accutane? Also, should I avoid cleansing everyday?

ALSO THE SPOTS THAT ARE BROKEN OUT ITCH SO BAD

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/06/2016 7:28 am

When i was on accutane my acne all scabbed up and remained scabbed the entire time almost. Eventually it healed on its own. I never moisturised under instruction of my derm, and they cleared

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/06/2016 6:27 pm

20 hours ago, Clayman9 said:

Yo everyone. I know I've been posting a lot lately! But now that I know I have access to such an amazing group of people the questions just keep coming to me. I'm on my 3rd week of accutane and no longer getting any new spots *knock on wood* but the ones I had are pretty much still there or or worse than ever haha. It seems everything is scabbing up a lot more lately. A large cyst I had that now has white heads all over it just gets more and more sore. My skins been very dry as well even with lotion.

Main questions. How can I speed up recovery of open spots like the cyst I mentioned? What is a GREAT lotion to use while on accutane? Also, should I avoid cleansing everyday?

ALSO THE SPOTS THAT ARE BROKEN OUT ITCH SO BAD

The only thing I used for my course was cetaphil, it is probably the most used and most recommended by dermatologists for people on accutane. Get the moisturizer in the tub and put it on right after you wash to lock in moisture.