Notifications
Clear all

Flat out: BOSTON AREA any Doctors????

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 12/30/2015 11:02 am

Ok, so here's and update: I recently called another private clinic in the Boston, MA USA area inquiring about setting up a consultation for acne scar reduction... Well, they said that they only provide LASER services and NOT surgical techniques (subcision, needling, fillers, etc.). I then called a Boston area hospital and spoke with their dermatology department about my situation and setting up a consultation.... Guess what, they also only do LASERS!!! WHAT THE FVKC!!!!

IS THERE ANYONE IN THE BOSTON MA AREA THAT DOES SURGICAL TECHNIQUES FOR ACNE SCAR REDUCTION??? I have pics in another thread here and I def need surgical techniques to fix the severe hypertrophic scarring I have on my left cheek!!!

Please excuse my tone.... I am a little peeved as I thought there would be Doctors in the Boston area who had this expertise!!! Do I need to travel to NYC or South Korea or UK or Los Angeles to get the procedures that I know have a good chance of fixing my scarring?????? There are many Docs in the Boston area who focus on superficial plastic surgery things (boob jobs, facelifts, etc.) that aren't totally necessary for a happy life, but acne scarring treatment is necessary for a better life!!!!

Please, if anyone is from or had their scar treatments done anywhere in the New England area, let me know...

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 12/31/2015 8:27 am

Eureka!! I have found it!!!

The google search "acne scar treatment Boston MA area" did not yield the results I wanted!! All of the clinics and the one hospital I called and spoke only offered LASER treatments and NOT surgical techniques!!

Then I realized I had to use different search terms.... Wellwhatdoyaknow! "Collagen Induction Therapy Boston MA area" yielded several plastic surgeons in the Boston MA and Worcester MA areas!! TTYL peeps, I have phone calls to make!

Have Happy New Year all and to better skin!!

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 12/31/2015 8:48 am

Good luck man hopefully all of us getsome improvements in 2016

MemberMember
(@ohyte)

Posted : 05/18/2016 3:17 pm

I haven't had collagen induction therapy (I don't even know what that is) but I have done a few laser treatments plus some small surgical treatments (not subciscson though) and chemical peels. I had good results. Scars are still there but better. I saw Dr. Graber in downtown Boston at The Dermatology Institute of Boston. I would recommend her.