Notifications
Clear all

How can I deal with insecurities while waiting for my miracle?

MemberMember
(@noysay)

Posted : 12/27/2015 4:52 pm

It's my second month on accutane. The blackheads are gone. No more pimples. No more oily skin.

But that's not enough. My problem isn't pimples anymore. It's the red marks they left. They didn't leave scars, just red marks. But I'm not sure that red marks will fade away. They're so red and they seem to stay, maybe because I stare in the mirror for too long, or maybe because they're not going to leave.

Another problem is, when my face started peeling, I didn't care much as I knew it was a side effect. But, it peeled so much and I didn't moisturize which caused me a second degree burn (I think). My skin looks so shiny now and I hate that. Is it going to stop being shiny?

How can I deal with all of this? I know I have to be patient but this is too much.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 12/30/2015 12:18 pm

I know somewhat how you feel. Im not on accutane but I am on Birth Control Pills and a combination of topical treatments. I want real results and I want them now. Take comfort and confidence in the fact that you are on accutane and you know that your miracle is coming. Also, be happy for how far you have come. i know it is hard to be patient.

noysay liked
MemberMember
(@noysay)

Posted : 12/30/2015 11:22 pm

Thank you, I'll try to stay positive :")