Need new face moist...

Notifications
Clear all

Need new face moisturizer

MemberMember
(@johnsone2)

Posted : 12/24/2015 11:36 am

So I started using jojoba oil about a month ago to moisturize my face. I am breaking out with several cystic zits on my face, especially chin. It is making me want to stop using the jojoba oil and switch back to my old moisturizer. What other oils are good for the face that would not make me break out? Has anyone else found that jojoba oil makes you break out?

MemberMember
(@johnsone2)

Posted : 12/24/2015 12:36 pm

Yes I was stressed due to final exams. But I am done with my finals now and am much less stressed, but the cysts are still popping up, so I thought it was maybe because of the oil

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/26/2015 1:28 am

Having now tried the acne.org moisturizer, I would recommend you try that instead of jojoba on your face.

MemberMember
(@luna878)

Posted : 01/05/2016 5:56 pm

I've heard great things about the acne.org moisturizer, though I haven't tried it myself. I use Okay Complete (sensitive skin formulation) because my acne-prone skin loves it and it has sun protection which my pale skin always needs.

I use Argan oil quite often either to remove makeup or added in my moisturizer and it's worked quite well. I did a review of it on this site if you're curious to try it.

MemberMember
(@luna878)

Posted : 01/05/2016 7:02 pm

1 hour ago, CP. said:

Acne.org Moisturizer doesn't hydrate well, so apparently it's best for oily skin. It definitely doesn't suffice if you use topical acne-medications.

That's good to know. I have dry skin! I'm glad to have found a routine that works well for my skin, even though diet played the biggest role in getting me clear.

MemberMember
(@robynrg96)

Posted : 01/24/2016 10:26 pm

The Acne.org moisturizer is great! I also use the Acne.org AHA+ Glycolic Acid and it is fantastic. I actually have found that using both of these products at night has helped moisturize my skin very well. Love them!

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 02/01/2016 1:11 am

I know that since my skin is oily any oil product applied to my face makes my skin super oily (even in the smallest amounts) which, as a result, will cause excess acne due to acne surviving off the oil (fatty acids within, among other things).

I have tried Grapeseed Oil, which made things worse.

You just have to keep trying different moisturizers to see what works for you. What I use, Aloe Vera, may not work for everyone, but you can try it.