Notifications
Clear all

TCA peel on nose scars

MemberMember
(@stressftw)

Posted : 12/23/2015 1:11 am

anyone already tried? any recommendations?
ive read that alot of ppl say that nose reacts different i have a scar dent on my nose and im want to improve it
anyone can help me with some tips regarding tca?

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 12/23/2015 3:42 pm

Yes, I've heard that as wellbut then again I've also heard from othersthat their nose scars responded really well to TCA Cross. I guess it is reallyunpredictable but good results are possible. Is the scar deep or shallow? If deep,you could also try subcision prior to TCA Cross (maybe start with 50% TCA). If shallow, you could try conservative microneedling by very lightly single needling or dermastamping followed by a spot TCA peel (15-25% TCA). Just some ideas of what I would personally be thinking of trying. A photo would help. You can also upload to Real Self and get suggestions from doctors. There is also thepossibility of a filler but subcision would probably make that unnecessary. Lastly, once filled in spot dermabrasion to blend if needed.

MemberMember
(@stressftw)

Posted : 12/24/2015 12:49 am

my scar is shallow isnt deep, and is a new scar, there is about 1 month, isnt from acne, is from an accident that i had while playing footbal
my skin was abraded and when the scab fall out the area formed a strange scar 
the scar is almost flat as the skin but the texture is kinda rough and all around the scar is like bumpy doesnt seem to be an hypertrophic scar dont know if this is because the wound is healing yet 
i think the area is to big to try TCA cross and isnt that deep too
what should i do, wait more and let skin heal?

20151223_235306.jpg

20151223_235520.jpg

20151223_235506.jpg

20151223_235553.jpg

one second thing
i went to a dermatologist, and he said that he couldnt see any scar just a "bubble" formed in the area that goes away
but from the photos is more than obvious a presence of some kind of scarring there
im so anxious about this SHIT jesus rly dont know what to do, im planning to do another appointment with another dermatologist...

and thank you for the help

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 12/24/2015 4:10 pm

The pictures help a lot. Also think about posting them on RealSelf with your question and you'll get a bunch of professional opinions. I think you have the right idea-- don't think it's deep enough for subcision and TCA Cross. Here are some things I think are worth considering and researching: spot TCA peels (15-25% TCA), spot dermabrasion, retinoids like retin-a micro or tazorac in between treatments to help promote collagen and proper healing (get a prescription from the derm). After the TCA peels or dermabrasion make sure to keep the wound clean, moist and protected from trauma with aquaphor or vaseline at all times as it's filling in. If a scab forms keep it moist and on as long as you possibly can so that the new wound created intentionally has a much better chance of healing optimally. Personally, I would try those things first to blend and smooth and then see where you're at from there. Light dermastamping/microneedling (not too deep) can also help promote collagen. Can be tricky on the nose but another possibility. Once the texture is smoothed out if there's any depression left it would be easy to have a little filler if needed. That's what they do in non-surgical nose jobs to reshape the nose.

Best wishes! Let us know your progress. :) 

stressftw liked
MemberMember
(@stressftw)

Posted : 12/24/2015 5:17 pm

i was looking the scar in the mirror today seems like the scar doesnt rly have aindentation its like a impression because around the scar is kinda bumpy i dont know why doesnt seem to be an hypertrophic scar too
o think the real problem is on the texture and the bumpy area around
my dermastamp and my single needlings are arriving anyway this month/january for my minor boxscars and i have bought a 30% tca that will arrive in january too, i will post the progress
thank you for the help

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/01/2016 7:56 am

Bump. Any progress woth your nose scars? Your nose seems fine. I have a lot deeper nose scar. Tried needling and Tca, didnt help. :(