Notifications
Clear all

Anyone developed BDD due to acne/acne scars?

MemberMember
(@user504102)

Posted : 12/22/2015 4:15 pm

BDD: Body Dysmorphic Disorder

MemberMember
(@luke89)

Posted : 12/22/2015 4:39 pm

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 12/22/2015 5:10 pm

@Luke89Yeah, but you're talking about severe acne.

I have scarring on my cheeks and temples and I think it looks absolutely horrible, yet other people don't seem to notice it the way I do. I've had girlfriends and never once has anyone even mentioned my scars. So yes, I do think I have some form of BDD because it causes me emotional distress sometimes, but I only keep that to myself. I plan on getting them treated so I can feel better about myself, but I think I could benefit from seeing a psychologist too.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 12/22/2015 6:08 pm

Recently got that not going to lie. My scarring has really affected my confidence and my comfortability around people.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/22/2015 6:36 pm

I definately have this and im slowly starting to realize...

i still have acne, yes, and acne IS ugly.. But every pimple i get is massive in my mind, every bit of redness is severe and stands out.. When, in reality, they're not that big of a deal.

accutane cleared up my acne a lot, and although i still get it, it's nowhere near to the same severity... But it still effects me awfully .. I cancel plans, i check the mirror probably 50 times a day (no lie).. It consumes me. But deep down I know it's not that bad or it's hardly noticeable, but then i look in the mirror and fixate and ... 🙁

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 12/23/2015 2:25 pm

Yepp. I'm a mirror checker as well and think about my skin more often than I am comfortable admitting. It affects me greatly, though I don't think many people, if any, notice.