Notifications
Clear all

I have tried it all and nothing works [pictures included]

MemberMember
(@doesntgetmuchworse)

Posted : 12/15/2015 1:31 pm

Over the last 9months I have performed 3 sessions of Fraxel laser therapy, 3 sessions with 2 mm dermastamp+roller and 3 sessions of TCA cross with 50% TCA solution. I eat well, sleep well and apply all sorts of things to my face (vitamin C, copper peptide, moisturizer...).This has yielded in exactly 0 results, possibly made my skin worse. I have honestly lost all hope. Is there even any treatment left that might help? Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/eYNyi

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 12/15/2015 2:26 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Perhaps try something like this?

MemberMember
(@doesntgetmuchworse)

Posted : 12/15/2015 2:42 pm

Thanks for the link. I did pretty much that routine only with 2 mm dermastamp/roller and with 1 month interval. Maybe the difference lies in the usage of tretinoin cream?

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 12/15/2015 3:49 pm

Tretinoin is great for collagen production, I would definitely suggest you look into adding it to your regimen. I don't think that alone would account for the lack of improvement after all these treatments though. How did you choose your dermatologist? Have they had good result with fraxel on other patients?Are you doing TCA cross at home? Are you using cp's and vitamin c at the same time?

Whatever you do I would stop all laser treatments for a while if you have not already.

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 12/15/2015 6:47 pm

Only ... mehh how was it called ... something like plastic surgery, but not exactly surgery .. ehh .. forgot what was it called. Basically they fill your spots and they can no longer be noticed. Natural remedies, vitamins and mineralswon't help at all, sorry to say that. They didn't even help me fade red scars and they are usually easy to treat.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 12/15/2015 10:19 pm

Subcision/suction, fillers andtraditional dermabrasion to help blendmight be options. Also, continuing with dermastampplus adding retinoids to increase absorption.Very sorry you've seen no improvements with the treatments you've triedso far. I really hope something does the trick and gives you a little progress in the near future!

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 12/16/2015 12:32 pm

22 hours ago, doesntgetmuchworse said:

3 sessions of Fraxel laser therapy

Lasers won't do much for actual atrophic scarring unless you have a lot of repeated treatments at the highest energy settings, not very economical or practical.

2 mm dermastamp+roller

Keep doing that, results take time but they are culminative.

3 sessions of TCA cross with 50% TCA

50% is pretty weak for CROSS, it'll work but twice as poorly as 100%, that is, it'll take you twice as long to see the results, which can be very impressive.

copper peptide

Don't bother with them, their efficacy is questionable and at worst they could be impairing your healing.

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/16/2015 4:16 pm

Fraxel, I'm assuming you're referring to Fraxel Restore, is useless. I have yet to see any real life accounts of people who've had success, only pictures from the laser company. TCA Cross at 50% may be too low a percentage. It may still work, but will take significantly longer. Remember, withTCA Cross, essentially you are using a high % acid to scar up the inside of that ice-pickso that it closes up. Some of the deeper ice-picks and boxcars can be excised, but that may be risky depending on how you tend to heal. Subcision and suction for the rolling scars.

For the areas with volume loss / deeper rolling scars, you can also consider Bellafill, which is a permanent filler. I would recommend permanent fillers only if the scars are untethered, or after you've had subcision. You don't want permanent filler to "donut" around a tethered scar, which would only worsen the appearance.

All of the current methods available are imperfect to say the least.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 12/17/2015 12:36 pm

Is permanent filler worth the risk? I've read some horror stories and many experienced plastic surgeons warn against it. I guess it's a personal choice.

http://www.realself.com/question/new-york-ny-permanent-nose-fillers-artefill#2034013

http://www.realself.com/question/dubai-ae-bio-alcamid-filler-removal-urgent#2137447