Notifications
Clear all

Should I stop taking Accutane?

MemberMember
(@accutaneuser11)

Posted : 12/13/2015 12:57 am

Hey, I am a 17 year old male who has been taking 40mg of Accutane daily for about 1.5 months. I have a feeling that my libido has dropped. No longer do I feel as sexual (I believe my libido was towards the lower end of teens before beginning anyways). Should I stop the medication? Accutane has cleared up my face to some degree, but I am not willing to risk my long-term sexual health for it. Also, I suspect to have low testosterone if that makes any difference. Thanks for any responses!

MemberMember
(@peachy)

Posted : 12/13/2015 1:41 am

I've done Accutane twice, and every side effect that I had while on the medication, went away after I was done. Totally worth it!

MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 12/13/2015 2:53 am

I would never recommend accutaneto begin with unless you had done a full 6 to 10 months of an external retinoid like tretinoin. I can't imagine using a fully loaded gun like that in my body when the problem is the external oil glands. Seems dangerous and WAY overkill.

MemberMember
(@peachy)

Posted : 12/13/2015 8:11 pm

For some people, it's the only thing that works. I had acne for 20 years -- and was really nervous to take it -- but I had tried everything and my only regret was that I hadn't started much sooner!!!