Notifications
Clear all

DEEP CRATER FROM CYST

MemberMember
(@user502093)

Posted : 12/06/2015 10:19 pm

I've had a possible cyst for about a week now. At first it was a large red bump. Once I tried popping it, a little liquid came out, that's it. Eventually it got worse to the point where I went to the doctor. At that point it was almost the crater it is today. The skin has gone completely away, it is red and swollen, and the crater is getting deeper. There was a big ball of white liquid I assumed was skin growing back and I lifted that with tweezers to see underneath and it came right off. So now the crater is completely visible. I've been using hot compress, neosporin, hydroperoxide and covering it in a large bandage all day. When I went to the doctors, he recommended because there was already a hole and it's hard, surgery couldn't help now so try having someone to lightly squeeze it and I believe that made it worse. PLEASE help, it hurts to even put a shirt on!! What do I have?! The pictures is what it currently looks like. I'm an 18 year old male if that helps.

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/07/2015 9:29 am

11 hours ago, Alex Hitrick said:

I've had a possible cyst for about a week now. At first it was a large red bump. Once I tried popping it, a little liquid came out, that's it. Eventually it got worse to the point where I went to the doctor. At that point it was almost the crater it is today. The skin has gone completely away, it is red and swollen, and the crater is getting deeper. There was a big ball of white liquid I assumed was skin growing back and I lifted that with tweezers to see underneath and it came right off. So now the crater is completely visible. I've been using hot compress, neosporin, hydroperoxide and covering it in a large bandage all day. When I went to the doctors, he recommended because there was already a hole and it's hard, surgery couldn't help now so try having someone to lightly squeeze it and I believe that made it worse. PLEASE help, it hurts to even put a shirt on!! What do I have?! The pictures is what it currently looks like. I'm an 18 year old male if that helps.

image.jpeg

dude go to see a doc ..derm or no derm its a wound it will be ok but dont put water on it .. and go to doc he will do some dressing it will be fine in a week dont worry .. i also used to have this kinda puss filled wound on my back but not any of them was this big .. dont u do anything on ur own apart from keeping it dry and do some dry bandage .

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 12/07/2015 2:10 pm

This really does not look good. I agree with foreveralone: go see a doc ASAP. This can lead to really nasty infections. Don't think about scar treatment now. Take care of that wound first.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 12/07/2015 10:01 pm

That looks gnarly. Definitely an open wound. Go see a doc.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/07/2015 10:07 pm

Go to anotherdoctor then, don't keep a bandage on it.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 12/08/2015 9:51 pm

Your doctor sent you home without even helping you??? I would go see a different doctor, asap.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@airbornemama)

Posted : 10/24/2018 7:01 pm

I am not a Dr. but what I'm seeing is an inflamed cyst. My Mom told me an old remedy my family has used for almost 100 years and its foolproof, it works everytime. What you do is before bed take a nice HOT soaking bath, if you have epsom salts pour those in the water, heat will help bring the infection to the top. Now heres the weird part but I AM NOT kidding, get an ace bandage, gauze, and 2 strips of smoked cured bacon, raw, and lay it on top of the cyst area, no medicine just try and put gauze and tape on it so it stays in the right spot. Then wrap the ace bandage around your chest to keep everything secure and if it bursts while your sleeping you wont have a mess. When you get up in the morn. your cyst should have drained, if it hasn't drained then repeat the treatment until it drains the pus and blood, after that happens clean the area with antibacterial soap and dress the wound.