Notifications
Clear all

Team/School sleepover weekend trip with SHARED ROOMS.

MemberMember
(@xxelle)

Posted : 12/05/2015 1:10 am

Hi everyone,

I am part of an officer teamfor a school organization/society. Next week, the whole officer team is suppose to go on a weekend trip (Friday - Sunday). The trip involves sleeping in a rented house with only two rooms and two bathrooms. This mean all of us will be sleeping together. I have SEVERE acne, all over my faceand neck! I always wear makeup when I go out.Of course these people know I have acne, but they can not see the severity of it since I cover it with makeup. I am EXTREMELY scared and self conscious about my skin. I really don't want to go, but it is something very important to the team (we are working on a sort of project together.) If I sleep in my makeup for two days, my skin will explode with more acne! Like most individuals with acne, I have a skin routine I like to follow at night. I don't know what to do D:

I have had bad reactions from people when I go makeup free. I don't want people to talk behind my back, and say I am "fake" because I wear makeup to cover my skin problems. I honestly feel like I look the same, except with an extreme skin condition.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 12/05/2015 8:54 am

7 hours ago, xxelle said:

Hi everyone,

I am part of an officer teamfor a school organization/society. Next week, the whole officer team is suppose to go on a weekend trip (Friday - Sunday). The trip involves sleeping in a rented house with only two rooms and two bathrooms. This mean all of us will be sleeping together. I have SEVERE acne, all over my faceand neck! I always wear makeup when I go out.Of course these people know I have acne, but they can not see the severity of it since I cover it with makeup. I am EXTREMELY scared and self conscious about my skin. I really don't want to go, but it is something very important to the team (we are working on a sort of project together.) If I sleep in my makeup for two days, my skin will explode with more acne! Like most individuals with acne, I have a skin routine I like to follow at night. I don't know what to do D:

I have had bad reactions from people when I go makeup free. I don't want people to talk behind my back, and say I am "fake" because I wear makeup to cover my skin problems. I honestly feel like I look the same, except with an extreme skin condition.

Are you being forced?

MemberMember
(@morris565)

Posted : 12/06/2015 5:33 pm

I have been in a similar position to you serveral times. The feeling of not wanting to take your makeup off around anyone due to terrible acne. I have had overnight stays with friends or colleagues and worked myself up about bedtime, not wanting to sleep in my makeup but not wanting to remove it and let everyone see my ghastly face!

The thing to remember is you are always going to judge your skin the most and notice imperfections more than anyone else. What you may think is bad, others may not be looking at it.

What I found myself doing was waiting until everyone was in bed then going and washing my makeup off so no one would see me. Then get up first thing in the morning to re apply.

You are not fake for wearing makeup, it is no different to a person covering there body hang ups with clothing. Anyone who talks about you behind your back is most likely insecure about themselves.

Good luck with everything, I hope you manage to enjoy your trip 🙂