Notifications
Clear all

3 weeks into Yasmin

MemberMember
(@silkewhale)

Posted : 11/29/2015 7:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm starting the first of my placebo pills on Yasmin today and have a few questions.

Before I started Yasmin, I was on Alesse for 2 months but switched to Yasmin because it was causing me to break out a lot and also was giving me really bad periods.

Before I started taking birth control, my skin was pretty clear. But now, I have a decent amount of acne around my mouth, forehead, and cheeks. 

If you tried Yasmin, how long did your intial breakouts last before your skin started clearing and how long did it take to clear up?

Was your acne in month 2 as bad as month 1?

If I switched from Alesse to Yasmin does my body still need the full 3 months to readjust to the hormones, or do the hormones from Alesse sort of carry to the Yasmin and will I be adjusted to the hormones after I finish this pack (since I would've been 3 months on birth control)?

And finally, do you find that skipping the placebo pill improved your skin/allowed your body to adjust to the hormones quicker?

Thanks!! :)

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 12/09/2015 9:45 am

mty month 2 and 3were worse! D:

im month 4 and only now starting to get better.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/09/2015 1:09 pm

Birth controls are not created equally so you very well may go through the adjustment period. Try to take each day one step at a time and try not to stress, eat well, exercise and live life.