Notifications
Clear all

Tazorac: Does it work less if applied less often?

MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/16/2015 3:04 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm currently on tazorac for 33 days now, and I'm still using it twice a week as per my dermatologist's advice. I've stopped using it for an entire week on week 3(?) because my skin was apparently too sensitive to tazorac and became severely inflamed. I was also put on prednisone for a week. By then, my derm advised me to do a 15% salicylic acid peel to get rid of the dead skin cells since I'm not really "flaking" per se (my skin is super oily). This week I am also taking a break because my dermatologist intends to do a medical grade peel on me this Wednesday (depending on how my skin is looking).

My question is, since I'm only using it twice a week and some weeks with no tazorac at all, albeit I get chemical peels, is it less effective? Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you, guys!

**For more information regarding my skin, please check out my blog asI have posted numerous photos.

MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/17/2015 11:18 am

BUMP BUMP BUMP

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 11/17/2015 1:03 pm

When I used tazorac my derm told me it was best to use it everyday, but wld probably have to work up to that. It was suggested I use every 3 days, then 2 days , then everyday when my skin could handle it. I found I could use it everyday very fast, I had tough skin back then. Most people have irritation in the beginning and need to work up to everyday. There are also different strengths of tazorac..

MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/17/2015 1:13 pm

8 minutes ago, shadylee said:

When I used tazorac my derm told me it was best to use it everyday, but wld probably have to work up to that.  It was suggested I use every 3 days, then 2 days , then everyday when my skin could handle it.  I found I could use it everyday very fast, I had tough skin back then.  Most people have irritation in the beginning and need to work up to everyday.  There are also different strengths of tazorac..

Thanks for responding! Yea, I'm on 0.05% cream right now, but apparently my skin was very sensitive to tazorac that my skin went from 1-2 cysts to 10-20 in a matter of days. It was very inflamed too.

I guess I would still have to work up to using it everyday given how my skin is. Thank you for your response! :)