Please help me with...

Notifications
Clear all

Please help me with what this is, rough forehead skin

MemberMember
(@nehasupnfan)

Posted : 11/12/2015 7:01 am

So attached is a pic of my forehead, can someone help diagnose what this is? It looks and feels like crocodile skin! 

I have struggled with acne/pimples all my teenage life and continue to do so to this day, just not as aggresively! I have oily skin and dandruff.

When I run my fingers over my forehead i feel the rough texture of it like there are many bumps. I started using tretinoin cream in hopes of clearing out what I thought were clogged pores or whiteheads. I used it for 4 months with no change what so ever and gave up on it. I have some soft blackheads where in which if I squeeze 'em a stringy material comes out of the centre.

My regime includes
AM and PM:
1. Neutrogena oil control acne face wash or an Indian brand of AHA based face wash (AHA Glow face wash)
2. Sebamed foaming facial cleanser
3. ACV toner. I previously used a tea tree based toner.
4. Clean and Clear Oil Free Moisturizer. 

I use an apricot scrub either once or twice a week.

When I get a pimple/acne I dab on either benzoyl peroxide or clindamycin phosphate gel...which is why u can see some brownish/reddish discoloration in the pic.

Am i over exfoliating with BHA/AHA/scrub which is leading to the rough shiny patches?
Do I have dermatitis owing to me having a dandruff problem? How do I get my skin to smoothen out?? I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve consumption of pills, chemical peels and/or laser.

IMG_20151112_170531360.jpg

MemberMember
(@worriedscared1)

Posted : 11/20/2015 6:39 pm

Hi might have something similar but would like to know more. Not touching my skin yet its worse than here. Like plastic and very wrinkly.

Hope you find a solution!

MemberMember
(@kelly-jones)

Posted : 12/17/2015 8:14 am

IT IS THE WATER!!!! Weacne prone ppl are allergic to chemicals. STOP using them!!

Our skin and hair can't handle Free Chlorine (Cl-), Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite), Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell) andIron Oxide (rust water)

Get a filtered shower head!!!! You will be amazed how your water is damaging your skin and hair. A filter will filter chemicals making your hard water softer. Trust me, I have tried everything before I started washing my body with only filtered water. Wash your face with combinations of honey, lemon, and coconut oil and sugar for exfoliation. Thayers Witch Hazel (No Alcohol) as toner. Use aloe Vera gel as moisturizer. Tea tree oil is great too. Stick to natural products as listed above.

Don't use lofas and do use wash cloths but oxiclean them when washing, do not bleach them

Birth Control is a Big No as is Man-Made antibiotics. Opt for natural antibiotics such as garlic and orgeano

If for some reason the moon turns purple and this does not work, get tested for food allergies ex dairy or gluten and Do educate yourself on GMO's

You all are Beautiful Best Of Luck!!

MemberMember
(@collette99)

Posted : 01/01/2016 12:24 am

wow it sounds like you are overdoing the cleansers and exfoliants. Have you tried using a glycolic pad instead of that super harsh apricot scrub? You need deep moisturization. The problem with overdrying the skin is that the skin will try to accomodate the dryness by producing sebum which is what makes your blackheads and whiteheads. It almost looks like you have some zits deep below the surface which cannot come up. Try asking your dermatologist for a retinol cream/gel, to regenerate that area. And try not to touch your face unless your hands are literally freshly washed (it's hard to do, I'm a face toucher!)

MemberMember
(@worriedscared1)

Posted : 01/14/2016 9:19 am

Hi again. I have a similar thing across my upper half of the face. Was on Accutane for 7 months. Max recommended dose for my weight and a month extra. I am hoping this stuff can heal as its nearly 5 months after my treatment.

MemberMember
(@dpenny82)

Posted : 08/18/2016 5:17 pm

My forehead looks exactly like this. I can't tell if it's dandruff or just dry skin. Did you ever figure out what this was? Did you find solution??? Thanks in advance for your response!

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/05/2016 2:58 am

Hey did you ever find a solution or figure out what it was?

MemberMember
(@messedupsociety)

Posted : 05/28/2020 2:34 pm

Hi! I dont know much about skin but if theres one thing I do know is that the Apricot Scrub is not good for your skin! I hope you skin is getting better!

MemberMember
(@kingston)

Posted : 08/21/2020 12:40 am

Not sure if this thread ended, but it would be great to hear what the outcome was for you since I follow suit in the same symptoms.

MemberMember
(@mochoco)

Posted : 06/16/2021 11:28 pm

This definitely looks like over exfoliation. I would focus on repairing the skin with absolutely NO exfoliating products.