Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kbarron12

Cystic Acne Finally Gone

First time on this site but if my story can help anyone then I want to share it. I was taking the pill (microgynon) since I was 16, My skin was always okay apart from some pimples occasionally. Anyway, at the age of 25 I started breaking out all around my chin and jawline, I mean proper, painful, red, large and angry cysts that would not go away. I tried everything from organic face washes to glycolic acid peels and nothing even touched it. After about a year of trying diffetent treatments I went to see my doctor who changed my pill to cilest, he thought this would help, it did not help in the slightest. I went back after about 5 months and he prescribed me lymecycline. He did tell me it would take 2 - 3 months to work which it did but it was well worth it. My skin was getting back to normal. I took lymecycline for about 10 months, the results were great. Eventually it stopped working and the disgusting cysts were back. I wasnt sure what to do at this point but for other reasons I stopped taking my pill.  I was certain I would go back to it as I had always been told the pill helps acne however, I have been off the pill for 4 months now and the acne is gone, I know everyone is different but this is worth a try. I also drink 3 or 4 cups of green tea each day and I'm sure this has really helped too. Not sure if it is the green tea or coming of the pill but I think its a combination of both that has made such a difference.