Clear all

Acne type and treatment please

MemberMember
(@keletho)

Posted : 11/01/2015 6:55 am

http://m.imgur.com/ORUP686

Type of acne?:
Ways to treat?:

Had for over a year now, dont know how it formed. Im 19 and gone thru my puberty breakout stage. I mostly got it from wearing dusty earpieces but that was a year ago! It keeps getting worse and idk how to stop it. I use benzyl peroxide and oil free facecleanser everytime i shower. No signs of healing. I chnage pillow sheets frequently but that doesnt help. Same with bath towels. I am lost. I tried exfoliating. I HAVENT tried face masking though. Please help i am tired of losing this battle. I try to not touch it so often with dirty hands. I occassionaly would pick and hard sebum comes out. Its mostly hard sebum but then it gets worse after pickin out the hard sebum plugs and the bacteria?...leaks out i guess idk or blood? Ive stopped that completely so idk what to do now

MemberMember
(@bn071)

Posted : 11/01/2015 1:11 pm

In basically have the same type of acne you have. It's mild-moderate I think. Just on my cheeks and jaw line.. I don't know the cause, but my hcp said it's probably hormonal, since it kind of came from nowhere without changing anything about my lifestyle.

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. Used benzoylperoxide for aprox 5 weeks, but no result. Now Im using benzoylperoxide at night and Inderm lotion (antibiotic) in the morning, which is step 2. If that doesn't work I'll probably try out antibiotics in the shape of pills, and if that doesn't work either the last option is Accutane.

I don't know if you went to your hcp yet, but you could give it a try. I myself did not notice anything different when cutting out certain foods or drinks, frequently changing bed sheets etc., so for me medication seems like the only option. Too bad it all takes so long before you can see results.. Good luck!

keletho liked
MemberMember
(@kenspo)

Posted : 11/01/2015 6:06 pm

Hi guys

MemberMember
(@keletho)

Posted : 11/03/2015 2:43 am

Any thoughts??

MemberMember
(@jesska1991outlook-com)

Posted : 11/06/2015 8:11 am

Hello Keletho,
if benzyl peroxide, oil free facial cleanser or natural remedies doesn't fix your acne problem.Your last option is isotretinoin or accutane because isotretinoin or accutane can clear severe acne when other treatments fail. Accutane is very good for acne but you might possible side effects include dry lip,burning,itching,muscle aches even some case reported nose bleeded, isotretinoin or accutane is taken by mouth,once or twice a day for 16 to 20 weeks. It appears to reduce the size of the oil glands so that much less oil is produced. It also reduces cell shedding and the stickiness of cells in the follicles. Isotretinoin or Accutane is generally very effective in helping prevent extensive scarring in patients with severe acne. After 16 to 20 weeks of treatment, their acne is completely (or nearly completely) one in most (up to 90%) of cases.