Notifications
Clear all

Music & Acne

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 10/31/2015 5:48 pm

Hey! Haven't seen many posts about music and acne!

What songs/artists do you listen to to help calm you down or help you through a bad acne day?

Right now I'm really digging "Complexion" by Kendrick Lamar, as it offers an alternate perspective on the significance of your complexion in that it really doesn't matter. It all comes down to who you are and what you do for yourself and others!

What do you listen to?

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 11/01/2015 5:08 am

Close Your Eyes by Rhodes <3 :')

MemberMember
(@strongbodyforgoodskin)

Posted : 11/02/2015 1:27 am

I know this is not what you want to hear but music can actually worsen Acne.... you are probably mindblown and say no way but music does affect hormones and mood. Best thing you can do is stop listening to music and it will actually benefit your life. You can focus much better and are more motivated to do things in life etc.... Your brain also functions better.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 11/03/2015 8:55 pm

I know this is not what you want to hear but music can actually worsen Acne.... you are probably mindblown and say no way but music does affect hormones and mood. Best thing you can do is stop listening to music and it will actually benefit your life. You can focus much better and are more motivated to do things in life etc.... Your brain also functions better. 

I really can't believe that in the slightest unless you can provide some really strong scientific studies on the subject.  Maybe you're referring to thrash metal or rap  but even that probably relaxes some people!

MemberMember
(@strongbodyforgoodskin)

Posted : 11/04/2015 6:15 am

I really can't believe that in the slightest unless you can provide some really strong scientific studies on the subject.  Maybe you're referring to thrash metal or rap  but even that probably relaxes some people!

Well it does affect you, Il be honest and say I couldnt quit music, I still listen to it and music is pretty pleasurable but It does affect the human brain and even body, pump up music increases cortisol, hardcore violent music "might" increase testosterone/cortisol, music affects dopamine etc etc... Music makes us happy and can make us sad if its a sad song/melody. So you can see how much it affects us on a daily basis, music can even make you depressed if you only listen to sad music all the time etc.

MemberMember
(@drew_drewson)

Posted : 11/04/2015 2:12 pm

This site is filled with posts by people who make really bold claims and don't actuallyprovide any scientific evidence. This might actually be the mostabsurd comment I've come across. Telling people that the artistry of music is damaging and explaining it in the contextyou did just simply is not true! You comment is very subjective and I hope people are smart enough to understand that music is therapeutic will make your life so much richer. Your argument seems to revolve on the basis that people want to listen to "depressing" music versus music which makes them happy, which makes absolutely no sense.

I don't want this to come across as a personal attack, but this comment is just ridiculous.