Notifications
Clear all

Anyone tried Sebamed Urea lotion?

MemberMember
(@waiyujack)

Posted : 10/24/2015 6:53 pm

I am currently looking for a moisturizer alternative to Dan's as the shipping and import fee is quite expensive. I am going to use it every mornings and nights after applying Dan's BP and I found out a product from Sebamed calledEXTREME DRY SKIN REPAIR LOTION 10% UREA and its ingredients are:

Aqua, Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Urea, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Cera alba, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Diglyceryl Succinate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

I realized it containsAscorbyl Palmitate which could clog the poremildlybut the price is fairly reasonable as it's just around 9 pounds for 200ml if i ship it from Germany. Also, it contains UREA, an amazing ingredient, that soothes and moisturizes the skin!! Didanyone tryit before?

MemberMember
(@dittus)

Posted : 10/26/2015 4:00 pm

I really wanted to try something like that a long time ago for my dry skin, but I didn't know how to make sure that the "urea" was produced synthetically and not extracted from (literally) animal urine.. :S

I'd also be concerned about the "Parfum" which is another word for "Fragrance" and is known to be a problem-causing ingredient for a lot of people (me included).