Notifications
Clear all

Icepick Scars

MemberMember
(@struggling23)

Posted : 10/22/2015 12:23 am

I went to a dermatologist today for a consultation and he told me I had icepick scars. He recommended filler, but I was hesitant because I don't want to have to go back every several months to refill them. I would like a permanent solution but don't we all. He told me silicone is permanent, but I was still kind of hesitant. He said a combination of saline and subcision could also be successful.

Have you guys had any success with filler or saline and subcisionfor icepicks? Do you think needling the icepick would make a difference or am I just out of luck? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/22/2015 2:31 pm

Who is this doctor? I do not agree at all with his advice.

If you have true ice pick scars, fillers are completely wrong. I guarantee that the filler will shift and "donut" around the scar, making it appear worse. Fillers only work on untethered rolling scars.

Also, silicone injections are permanent, which is nice if you don't have complications, but they can cause issues for some people in the long term. Regardless, you shouldn't really consider fillers at all for ice pick scars. TCA Cross is probably better suited for those kinds of scars.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/26/2015 6:17 am

My doc tells me that punch excision is the only thing that will work on ice pick. Find another derm.