Notifications
Clear all

Accutane is breaking me out really bad!

MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 10/15/2015 8:52 pm

I'm on my 7th day of Accutane and I'm breaking out REALLY BAD! I have a ton of cysts on my left cheek and large pimples on my chin.... Everything keeps breaking out.
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is my initial break out ALL READY, please PLEASE let this end SOON!
This is really upsetting me! This is the worse it has ever been and my face looks like a freaking train wreck!
When I wash my face, some pimples will accidentally break open and leak.... but what the hell do I put on it if I'm not supposed to put topicals and stuff on my face?
I also need to find a good sunscreen to use on my face that isn't going to clog my pores or is greasy that will break me out. This is important because my skin is of Irish decent so I am REALLY pale and sensitive.

I'm so miserable right now.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/16/2015 5:26 am

Chill! It's week one, what did you expect? Surely you've researched this and know it gets better before it gets worse. There's nothing you can do but wait. I wasn't clear until my 5th month.

MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 10/16/2015 7:47 am

Chill! It's week one, what did you expect? Surely you've researched this and know it gets better before it gets worse. There's nothing you can do but wait. I wasn't clear until my 5th month.

Okay, so you weren't clear till your 5th month, but when did you start to see improvement in your skin?

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 10/16/2015 9:22 am

nichole try to relax stress will make it worse i know its hard as hell. i got horrible ocd and acne its the worst combo and leads me to more acne. stress is one of the most major causes of acne and dermatologists dont address it enough.

and you'll be fine people get clear later keep your composure this will all be behind you soon and you'll be happy.

MemberMember
(@989898l)

Posted : 10/16/2015 2:20 pm

Hi!
I just want you to know, I've been on Accutane for almost 4 months now and it does get better but it will become worse before hand and it is very tough but you just have to keep going through everyday and keep treating your skin gently. This drug has a 6 month course for a reason - your body is doing the normal things by reacting to the drug. I know it sucks ass and all you wanna do is cry and rip your face off but what I would do and as horrible as it sounds, avoid mirrors at all costs. Just don't look and you won't be so prone to worrying as much - it's difficult but if you keep looking at it and hoping something will change in a day, it won't happen and you'll most likely be let down.

Keep going and just keep pushing!

Oh! I'm super super pale and I mean, see through. A good sunscreen is the Elta Clear SPF 46, it has nicamide in it which can help hyperpigmentation and it doesn't clog pores, it's a lil more expensive but I got mine for around 20 and it's nice! Nicer than other ones I've used.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/16/2015 2:33 pm

Nichole, take a deep breath and try to relax. Most people do get the initial breakout. I just started my second round so I haven't gotten it yet, but during my first round it cleared the acne up really fast, THEN I got a horrible breakout after about 2-3 weeks. It was pretty bad and lasted about a month or so, but it was smooth sailing after that. Hang in there! :)

MemberMember
(@fightingagainstacne)

Posted : 10/16/2015 2:46 pm

I asked myderm about this after about 1 month of accutane. She told me that it wasn't newly formed acne, but rather, the spots/infection sitting under my skin. My acneic skin was purging all that bad stuff underneath. It won't last long, just keep taking care of your skin and stick with the accutane.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/16/2015 3:36 pm

I asked myderm about this after about 1 month of accutane. She told me that it wasn't newly formed acne, but rather, the spots/infection sitting under my skin. My acneic skin was purging all that bad stuff underneath. It won't last long, just keep taking care of your skin and stick with the accutane.

Yup, that's what my derm said too. It's basically the blemishes or cyststhatwould have shown up eventually.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/16/2015 7:09 pm

I stopped getting acne at five months, that's what I call 'clear'. I noticed improvements about 4 months in? I still have some scars.

MemberMember
(@xnicholemariex3)

Posted : 10/16/2015 7:24 pm

Hi!
I just want you to know, I've been on Accutane for almost 4 months now and it does get better but it will become worse before hand and it is very tough but you just have to keep going through everyday and keep treating your skin gently. This drug has a 6 month course for a reason - your body is doing the normal things by reacting to the drug. I know it sucks ass and all you wanna do is cry and rip your face off but what I would do and as horrible as it sounds, avoid mirrors at all costs. Just don't look and you won't be so prone to worrying as much - it's difficult but if you keep looking at it and hoping something will change in a day, it won't happen and you'll most likely be let down.

Keep going and just keep pushing!

Oh! I'm super super pale and I mean, see through. A good sunscreen is the Elta Clear SPF 46, it has nicamide in it which can help hyperpigmentation and it doesn't clog pores, it's a lil more expensive but I got mine for around 20 and it's nice! Nicer than other ones I've used.

Thank you,this helped a lot.