Notifications
Clear all

embarrassing question about accutane

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 10/14/2015 3:09 pm

I've been seeing lots of things about accutane declining sexual sensation and libido in people , and it's worrying me ... I'm a teenager and not too worried about having sex at the moment, but I really don't want to lose sexual sensation forever, especially not as an adult :( I feel like my body is less sensitive now and I'm scared it will just get even worse as I take more of the medication... are these effects reversible? please help, no creepy comments 

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/14/2015 6:13 pm

I've been seeing lots of things about accutane declining sexual sensation and libido in people , and it's worrying me ... I'm a teenager and not too worried about having sex at the moment, but I really don't want to lose sexual sensation forever, especially not as an adult :( I feel like my body is less sensitive now and I'm scared it will just get even worse as I take more of the medication... are these effects reversible? please help, no creepy comments 

Hi, dont think you will get any creepy comments on here so dont worry.....most people on this site seem to be here to share or want to help! Declining sexual sensation is VERY rare and I really wouldnt worry about it. Yes, people on this treatment can feel tired and lack energy, which maybe can effect libido in some people for the short term while on the treatment but I dont think there is any direct link between accutane and long term effect on libido...As you mentioned, this really isnt something you need to be concerned about now, but understand you wanting to ask, if its something you've read about. Any side effects you get during treatment will normally reduce(get milder) and stop once you finish your treatment and very rare to continue after, so really wouldnt worry about any side effects lasting into your adult years. It's good that you do research and find out as much as you can about the treatment but try not to hang onto the negative stuff you read...It's very easy to get worried and stressed about it and just make you feel worse......so many different factors effect someone's experience of accutane, so just try to keep positive and dont read too much into the negative stuff you read online....everyone is different and every treatment is different....best wishes with your treatment  

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 10/15/2015 8:00 am

Hey! Totally normal and that feeling should go away when you stop taking accutane! :) I wouldn't worry too much about it.