Notifications
Clear all

Belotero for cortisone dent in middle of forehead??

MemberMember
(@natchez)

Posted : 10/09/2015 1:34 pm

Hi!  I have a big dent in the middle of my forehead caused by a cortisone injection which I had to remove an acne cyst. I suppose the dent could be from the acne cyst, but I only had the cyst two days before the cortisone injection. I have a face full of scars...which I have done multiple things over the years to improve...but point being...I have bad skin and I worry that this dent will not correct itself and fill in over the next 6-12 months as others have stated happened to them. I feel like I just have skin that scars and if something happens like this, then it will not improve on its own. 
I have an appointment tomorrow to have Belotero filler injected in this dented spot. I am a nervous wreck because fillers in the past have caused nodules and lumpy feeling/look in the area. This was with restaltyne and juvaderm. I read that Belotero is different and the likelihood of this happening is less with Belotero but I am still a nervous wreck. This spot is right in the middle of my forehead directly above my eyes. I am scared that I will replace this dent with a lumpy, poofy nodule. I'm writing all of this looking for people that :
1. Have had either good or bad experiences with Belotero ---particularly in the forehead... And
2.  Have had cortisone Dents that totally filled in. 
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/10/2015 4:49 am

I think it really comes down to the skill of the doctor. I think most of the hyaluronic acid fillers are like Coke and Pepsi, meaning there's nothing inherently special about a particular one. Just make sure you have the doctor use severe angled lighting to really highlight the indentation. Belotero is thinner and so it may be less lumpy than something like Restylane, which can feel a little hard when used superficially in acne scars.

I've had cortisone dents before and yes they have filled in. There might have been one or two that never recovered fully, but they all seemed to resolve to varying degrees. I understand your concern though that you feel your skin is prone to scarring after any kind of trauma. But there's no way a temporary filler will do any damage.

natchez liked
MemberMember
(@natchez)

Posted : 10/10/2015 12:14 pm

Thanks! Just had it done today. The swelling in the forehead is intense. I had some left over so I also had it injected in scne scars in chin area. Chin looks great. No trauma at all there. Forehead I have a massive lump going up and down my forehead. Very swollen and white in color. Worried I'm going to get a hematoma. Hoping all will subside and be fine. Also hoping the dent will be gone by the time the filler fades. Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@mkc)

Posted : 04/30/2018 8:17 pm

Did your dent ever resolve completely? Im having the same issue!

MemberMember
(@sunnyside31)

Posted : 07/06/2018 10:40 pm

On 10/10/2015 at 1:14 PM, natchez said:

Thanks! Just had it done today. The swelling in the forehead is intense. I had some left over so I also had it injected in scne scars in chin area. Chin looks great. No trauma at all there. Forehead I have a massive lump going up and down my forehead. Very swollen and white in color. Worried I'm going to get a hematoma. Hoping all will subside and be fine. Also hoping the dent will be gone by the time the filler fades. Thanks again!

Hi! Just wanted to follow up on this thread. Did you have positive resolution for this issue? I got two dents on my face from cortisone atrophy and am unsure as to whether pursue the filler route or let them fill on its own. Any update/progress you can share is much appreciated. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 07/07/2018 3:58 pm

This is the highest risk for fillers- just look at the rate of arterial occlusion and blindness. 2 arteries feed the forehead area- the supratrochlear and supraorbital. They run from deep to superficial. Hence injections need to be either very superficial or on bone. Looks easy as its divot, but if a tiny amount of filler gets in an artery, the artery feeding the eye can be occluded. Be safe.