Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 3rd Month Frustration - Help

MemberMember
(@luciano-antonelli)

Posted : 10/05/2015 2:54 pm

I finished my 2nd month of treatment 3 days ago. I weigh 53kg and have been on 40mg per day since the beginning. By now I expected for things to be at least a little better, but the past month and a half have been really horrible. I was really hoping to start November with (relatively) clear skin but I don't see that being the case. I suppose I already went through the worst part of it, but I don't see many signs of things improving yet and it's very frustrating. I feel quite terrible most of the time and it's difficult for me to have a good time knowing how my face looks. Something strange I've noticed in the last couple of days is that I now have spots on my thighs. They're not my main concern though, my face is. I want to regain the confidence I once had, which wasn't all that much to begin with.

Not everything is negative. On the bright side I'm managing the dryness of my lips very well. With a Nivea chapstick, which has uv protection and a couple of other features I'm not very sure of, I maintain my lips comfortable. They are still a little dry most of the time, but within the normal limits. They aren't cracked or painful like towards the start of my course. Another good thing, although I don't know what to make of, is that I had a couple weeks back very dry skin on the backs of my hands. That completely clear out on it's own and now the skin on my hands is very smooth and soft, more than before.
Pictures of how my face is today are attached.

Any feedback is very much welcome.

IMG_20151005_160701.jpg

IMG_20151005_160728.jpg

MemberMember
(@mauvemoral)

Posted : 10/06/2015 7:07 am

From what I have read I believe some people do not see results until after 3 or 4 months or even toward the end of their treatment so keep pushing - You will see improvement. Even if it is slow it will happen :) You are lucky you are handling the side effects so well! Im around the same weight and only on 20mg a day and not coping that well! :|

MemberMember
(@luciano-antonelli)

Posted : 10/06/2015 11:32 am

Thanks for the reply! I guess my body has adjusted to some of the side effects, at least the dryness that is. I still suffer lower back pains every now and then when I lay down. How long have you been on it? Notice any improvement?

MemberMember
(@i-love-cetaphil)

Posted : 10/12/2015 1:24 am

I'm on day 49 and i haven't had any back pains recently. I had trouble sleeping from back pains during month 1 though