Notifications
Clear all

Nervous about my headaches on Accutane

MemberMember
(@tric94)

Posted : 10/06/2015 12:03 am

About me: 21 yrs old, 128 lbs, moderate acne
Since 13 yo I have had moderate acne and was put on doxycycline which i grew resistant to after 3 years and then was put on Bactrium for 4 years until i got resistant to that antibiotic and developed severe cystic acne. My family doctor then sent me to a derm where he put me on accutane at 30 mg a day. The forst two weeks i had 1 bad IB that itched like crazy and covered my face in whiteheads, i had bach pain and dryness of lips and face. After two weeks I mainly have dry lips and all other side effects got better. My 2nd month my doctor upped my dose to 60 mg a day for the next four months. My acne at this point has not improved at all. The first week I had a constant dibilitating headache and had a feeling of passing out twice. I lowered my dose back to 30 mg and called my derm and he reccommended I stay at 30 mg for the rest of treatment with just a longer treatment as a result. I am wondering if anyone experienced the headaches that I had and if you were able to finish treatment. I feel that I have a fuzzy feeling in my head even though Im back at 30 mg a day. Also did anyone have to go back down to lower dose because of headache but then later on was able to up dose again at slower increment? I just feel nervous now about accutane and intracranial pressure. Thanks!!

-sorry for the scary pic but i plan on documenting my progress through treatment and all side effects i had to deal with!

1444107716025306902905.jpg

MemberMember
(@kristi96)

Posted : 10/06/2015 5:27 am

Hey there!
From my experience (just today took my last pill of Accutane after 6 months and a half... horray!!!) the side effects are strongest in the beggining and for me in time they faded away most of them. I don't remember having headache specifically, but back and joint pain, bloody nose... I think after 1-2 months into the treatment they subsided. Even the dryness wasn't as bad after the first months and recently I've noticed that I am not burning in the sun all that much. So there is a chance the headache you are experiencing will stop at some point, hopefully... But for everyone is different.
By the way the picture is not scary, you look beautiful ;) Keep posting your progress!

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/09/2015 4:23 pm

hi :) i'm on my fifth day of Accutane 25mg and i have had pressure headaches every morning, not searing pain but like your brain and top of sinus is being squeezed. How long have you had it for? I really hope it wont be a problem for us and will just fade away x