Notifications
Clear all

Acne is making me depressed

MemberMember
(@jorgem1009)

Posted : 10/04/2015 6:36 pm

So I've always had nice skin and in the last couple of months I have been breaking out badly. I've been using persa gel 10 for the last almost 4 weeks and it has improved my skin a little but I still break out. I actually popped 3 acne cysts, and lots of pimples and I just hope that it won't make me have more breakouts.

I'm just depressed about it all. I want to stick with a gentle cleanser (cetaphil), persa gel 10 (10% Benzoyl peroxide) and a moisturizer but I just don't know if I should stick with it. Should I keep using it and wait to see results? It's been almost 4 weeks. I don't know what to do. I feel so depressed about it

MemberMember
(@mdontgiveup)

Posted : 10/06/2015 6:44 pm

Hi Jorgem1009, I am really sorry for how you're feeling and what you're going through. I'm a male too and I made the mistake of picking at my skin some years back. My number one recommendation to you: don't pick at your skin. I've never picked at my skin again after making that terrible mistake once since it created a small scar. All the acne really caused so much anxiety within me and it had taken over my mind completely... I felt sad and depressed too. Even though I still get acne which still causes anxiety and messes with my mind, I've learned to accept it a little more as time has progressed. It's hard, I know how hard it can be, and most of us here understand your pain. Patience, time, acceptance, sharing your pain/struggles as you have, physical exercise, etc. are just some general things which can help you, me, and many others....