Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Month 3 Complete(Pics)

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 09/30/2015 8:35 am

EXTREMELY discouraged every week. Woke up with a HUGE cyst on my forehead, a painful one on my jaw and cheek. Will this nightmare EVER end?!!! Mostly scars which I can deal with, but I hate having a huge volcano on my forehead that make up can't even fix.

I really hope I don't end up regretting this... Can I get a break?! I haven't had ONE.

Sorry for the negativity guys. Not a good morning.... =(

post-483427-0-96423200-1443620096.jpg

post-483427-0-42362500-1443620100.jpg

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 09/30/2015 6:55 pm

It always gets better at the end look at all youtube videos and even in my first experience. Also you are pretty don't worry your just going through a rough time in your life that's gonna make you stronger in the future.

Try to not stress even though I know it's super hard, I'm going on my 2nd accutane.

I'm sure you'll get better try to calm down and not care and I know you'll see an improvement next month and the one after that. It's just a matter of time.

MemberMember
(@lunaquinn)

Posted : 09/30/2015 11:47 pm

You can do it!

Literally all I am thinking while working through my program is "my face would look like this anyways." And basically pretend I am not even taking a drug, so one day, I just have strangely great skin.

Can I ask what regimen you are using? Maybe I can offer a few tips to help you out getting through the next few months? Also, how has it been affecting your skin? Incredibly dry? Oily-ish? Depending on how your skin started before getting on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 10/01/2015 9:19 am

You can do it!

Literally all I am thinking while working through my program is "my face would look like this anyways." And basically pretend I am not even taking a drug, so one day, I just have strangely great skin.

Can I ask what regimen you are using? Maybe I can offer a few tips to help you out getting through the next few months? Also, how has it been affecting your skin? Incredibly dry? Oily-ish? Depending on how your skin started before getting on Accutane?

Thank you so much! Yeah I try to have that outlook, and honestly the deep red scars don't bother me because they are EASILY covered by my makeup. It's the damn volcano on my forehead and jawlines that I can't hide. I just want to wake up and NOT have a new fresh cyst on my face... I honestly can't imagine a life with 0 actives on my face, I just can't.

I am taking Absorica 60mg. 30mg morning and 30 at night. I use cetaphil face wash and diff kinds of moisturizers. I think the CeraVe made it worse, i dont know. My skin is dry but nothing to complain about really. Lips are dry but manageable. I feel like I should be so much more dry. My face was oily before I started and is not oily anymore.

MemberMember
(@gemmabyrne)

Posted : 10/01/2015 10:45 am

Hi,

I'm really sorry to intrude on your post! I'm coming up to my 12 weeks of taking Roacctuane/Isotretinoin (I'm from the UK). I'm suffering with really dry skin and still experiencing large painful spots? Is the normal as far as other users know?

Also do you have any recommendations for skin care regime please?

Thank you x

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 10/01/2015 11:02 am

It always gets better at the end look at all youtube videos and even in my first experience. Also you are pretty don't worry your just going through a rough time in your life that's gonna make you stronger in the future.

Try to not stress even though I know it's super hard, I'm going on my 2nd accutane.

I'm sure you'll get better try to calm down and not care and I know you'll see an improvement next month and the one after that. It's just a matter of time.

Thank you!! When did your acne come back after finishing the 1st time? Did it come back as bad as it used to be? I really hope it gets better, soon.

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 10/01/2015 3:50 pm

Hi,

I'm really sorry to intrude on your post! I'm coming up to my 12 weeks of taking Roacctuane/Isotretinoin (I'm from the UK). I'm suffering with really dry skin and still experiencing large painful spots? Is the normal as far as other users know?

Thank you x

Yes very normal apparently. I still wake up with painful cysts :(

I am using Cetaphil face wash and have yet to find a great moisturizer... GOOD LUCK!! Does your face look like mine(acne-wise obviously lol) better/worse? I am sooo discouraged about all of this.

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:26 am

Thank you!! When did your acne come back after finishing the 1st time? Did it come back as bad as it used to be? I really hope it gets better, soon.

I started it when I believe I was 17 or 18 I think 18. It eliminated it completely until the middle of my 23 when I experienced some traumatic experiences: girlfriend broke up with me, no job, had to move out, burnt my face with a lactic acid chemical peel just trying to make a freckle go away when my face was completely clear of acne (one of the worst decisions in my life, thank god the burn mark has faded almost to the point its not noticeable no more, I made the mistake of applying the peel over a scab.) Then all that stress lead to an outbreak an acne, I personally believe stress is the leading cause of acne at least in my case I know it is but I can't control the stress I feel when I see my face and I don't feel it looks presentable to society.

I'm just trying not to care anymore because it sucks being a good looking guy, girls check you out from far and then you're nervous of them getting close and seeing how bad your skin is.

MemberMember
(@gemmabyrne)

Posted : 10/02/2015 7:35 am

Hi,

Thank you x

Yes very normal apparently. I still wake up with painful cysts :(

I am using Cetaphil face wash and have yet to find a great moisturizer... GOOD LUCK!! Does your face look like mine(acne-wise obviously lol) better/worse? I am sooo discouraged about all of this.

hi, thanks for the reply! Are you from the UK? What is cetaphil/ where can I get it? Yes, my acne has come out bad but honestly just keep going! Some days I have better days than others and it really shines a light on how good my skin will hopefully one day be!! :) I'd say we have about the same skin, but like I said I have weeks where I think YES IM GETTING CLEAR, then the next week ACNES BACK LIKE NOPE STILL HERE! So annoying now! Hang on in there though! Here if you wanna chat :)

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 10/02/2015 7:59 am

I started it when I believe I was 17 or 18 I think 18. It eliminated it completely until the middle of my 23 when I experienced some traumatic experiences: girlfriend broke up with me, no job, had to move out, burnt my face with a lactic acid chemical peel just trying to make a freckle go away when my face was completely clear of acne (one of the worst decisions in my life, thank god the burn mark has faded almost to the point its not noticeable no more, I made the mistake of applying the peel over a scab.) Then all that stress lead to an outbreak an acne, I personally believe stress is the leading cause of acne at least in my case I know it is but I can't control the stress I feel when I see my face and I don't feel it looks presentable to society.

I'm just trying not to care anymore because it sucks being a good looking guy, girls check you out from far and then you're nervous of them getting close and seeing how bad your skin is.

You know, I agree with you.. but it's SO difficult because you try not to stress... but acne stresses me out SO much, so it's like a circle of life in the acne world. When I don't have any volcanos on my face, my confidence is sky high and I'm so much happier.. but that is extremely rare and usually only lasts a day or 2 before it comes back to remind me it's still there then I stress out again. It sucks being 22 with acne, these are supposed to be the greatest years of my life and yet I'm stuck here struggling constantly it's almost like my life revolves around my acne. So yes I do think stress is a cause. Then theres the diet thing, which I don't understand because my derm tells me to take each pill (2x a day for me) with a HIGH FAT meal, at least 20mg... so how am I supposed to have a great diet with those conditions? Agh, so ready to be done with this.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/02/2015 3:03 pm

It's absolutely normal to still be breaking out. If you are not dry then you can ask your derm to increase the dosage as dryness is usually one of the first side effects to show. You can still eat healthy (and you should even on accutane) and still get your fatty meals in. Add olive or coconut oil to your meals. Take your pills with almonds or nut butters, etc.

I know how discouraging it can be to see other people have quicker clearances but it will be your time to shine too.

I am on spiro for almost 3 weeks and skin is so horrid! There is so much doubt as to if this can make a difference but as my therapist tells me, worry does not change anything so why worry (and I'm seeing this as a person still dealing with acne at 32 and going through life without the aid of makeup).

If you have any questions about accutane, feel free to PM as I've been on it 3 times.

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:47 pm

Good Luck, i'm on 20mg as well, Day 29, however i take it every 2 days because i think it works best for me!

i'm 90% clear now, personally i think you should cut it to one a day, 2 is way too much, & take it before your final meal at night.

I hope you see results soon 3 months is long!

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 10/02/2015 9:26 pm

You know, I agree with you.. but it's SO difficult because you try not to stress... but acne stresses me out SO much, so it's like a circle of life in the acne world. When I don't have any volcanos on my face, my confidence is sky high and I'm so much happier.. but that is extremely rare and usually only lasts a day or 2 before it comes back to remind me it's still there then I stress out again. It sucks being 22 with acne, these are supposed to be the greatest years of my life and yet I'm stuck here struggling constantly it's almost like my life revolves around my acne. So yes I do think stress is a cause. Then theres the diet thing, which I don't understand because my derm tells me to take each pill (2x a day for me) with a HIGH FAT meal, at least 20mg... so how am I supposed to have a great diet with those conditions? Agh, so ready to be done with this.

You managed to express how I feel everyday so perfectly. None of my friends or family can really understand. It's almost impossible to not stress and it sucks feels not fair, it feels like acne runs your life. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing when I sleep, when I go to bathroom I wanna check it out, it's so annoying.

I think what I'm going to start doing (even though I really don't believe in diet causing acne that much, there would be so much more obese junk food eating people with acne, I mean all my friends eat bad and they have no acne) AND through 18-23 I had no acne and ate junk food nearly everyday, but I wasn't stressed busy ENJOYING life with no acne. But STILL i'm going to try to cut out the the bad food because I sorda gave myself an excuse to eat junk food since your supposed to eat junk food.

I think ima eat regular food then just eat 2 spoons of peanutbutter.

And I'm on my 2nd month, 1st was 20mg, 2nd 40mg, and I hardly dry out or need to moisturizer. I really feel if my dermatologist would just put me up to 60-80mg I would stop breaking out completely considering I only have 4-5 active pimples at a time. But he wants to keep insisting his blue light which I just don't want to do.

If he keeps me on 40mg on month 3 or something I might get a new dermatologist... I wonder if you can switch doctors and continue accutane in the middle of a course? And he's prescribing me some weird accutane brand from india named Zenatane. (Don't think it matters, but would prefer the more usual claravis.)

Whole situation with my derm, dosage, and blue light thing has me stressed out and probably causing me more acne then if I woulda just got a regular derm that just put me on high dose of accutane and let the it ride out.