Retin A

MemberMember
(@february09)

Posted : 09/23/2015 1:21 am

Hey guys

This is my first time using this site so please bare with me. I'm a new to Retin a and have been using it for about 6 days now and have already experience somewhat of a break out.. Is this normal ? Has anyone experience this ?

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 09/23/2015 4:47 am

Hi and welcome!

This is completely normal with retinoids. It has to draw all unsurfaced acne out before it can heal your skin.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 09/24/2015 5:34 pm

Yes, very normal.

Retinol is chemically exfoliating and bringing up all the junk in your pores. It does cause itching/flaking/dryness, and (for me at least) extreme oiliness.

I combat this with a very, very light application of coconut oil in the shower after washing, and it has made a world of difference in not only preventing the flakey nasties, itching, and reducing the oil drastically, but also has helped my retinol work better!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 09/26/2015 7:02 am

^^^it will turn u red and flaky and make acne worse for the first few weeks. U should put a moisturizer over the retin a at night to reduce redness and flakes. Retin a will probably make u more oily and shiny. To combat this use oil blotting tissues during the day.