Notifications
Clear all

What Is This On My Face?

MemberMember
(@evonneyay)

Posted : 09/18/2015 8:18 pm

I have these weird things on my cheeks. When I use tweezers to pull them out, they leave perfect circular holes where the pulled out things used to be. They are tiny and look like plugs and are whitish/yellowish. I started having these just this year and I don't know how to make them go away. I used to have clear cheeks, with my T-zone normal to acne. I feel like if I keep pulling them out, I'm only making it worse. Plus the holes are scary! They're dark and empty and I do not like having empty little holes in my face as if someone had used an oversized needle and poked me all over. Please help? What is this called and what can I do to prevent it and make it stop? (I am attaching pictures)

post-485111-0-70560200-1442625530.jpg

post-485111-0-85960300-1442625531.jpg

MemberMember
(@spaceblues)

Posted : 09/19/2015 5:37 pm

You shouldnt pull them out because then your skin doesnt have enough time to heal and it will leave you with a scar. They could just be open comedones like blackheads (not all blackheads are dark). They tend to be around the t-zone for most people i.e. forehead chin nose and apples of cheeks.

Chemical exfoliation is probs your best bet . I use tretinoin and it does work on acne like this although it takes a while but its worth the wait if you dont pick at it. Everything comes out on its own and leaves no holes or scarring