Notifications
Clear all

Claravis Vs Amnesteem

MemberMember
(@jtl666)

Posted : 09/18/2015 1:45 pm

Hi,

This is my third run on Accutane and frankly I am tired of going for the blood test and dermatalogist. I had taken the official accutane years ago and it seem to work for few year (2+). However, my acne came back and I was on Accutane the second time which was Claravis for one month, Zenatane for the 2nd month. and Absorica for the last 4 months. In one year my acne came back. Right now my insurance will only cover generics like Claravis or Amnesteem. For some reason I tend to find more people talking about Claravis than Amnesteem, does that mean Claravis seems to be the better option?

My question is has anyone taken accutane more than once and had the experience of trying both generics give a vote on which one has worked for him/her?

Or just vote for the generic brand that had worked for them without relapse.

P.S or if their dematologist recommended a brand over the other.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/12/2015 11:58 pm

Hello. I took amnesteem for my first 2 months at 30mg twice a day. Then my pharmacy had an issue with getting that brand and I ended up getting claravis and have been on that for 2 months. My side effects were much more severe with amnesteem. My body was sore to the core. Lips were cracked and painful. Eyes felt dry and gritty. Much less severe on claravis and no additional symptoms. But while on both, not a single zit.