Notifications
Clear all

Green Tea

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 09/07/2015 11:47 am

A few days ago, I started using green tea as an attempt to treat acne. I drink about three cups a day and rub the bag over my face, mostly on old scars.

I have a few questions about this method. How effective is it? Should I use the leaves inside the bag on my face? How long will I have to wait to see changes?

I'm washing my face with a tea tree wash and using a toner as well

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/21/2015 11:37 pm

Some people swear by green tea but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I've been drinking green tea for years and it's never enhanced or worsened my acne. I say, drink green tea if you like green tea, but look elsewhere if you are trying a holistic approach. I saw your other post about ACV. Lol, I've walked your path already and holistic acne meds can be a bit of a downer. I haven't found any that worked exactly. Now, I will say that taking more vitamin D dried out my oily skin which later improved my complexion, but aside from that, I think you'll have better luck with carefully formulated acne medications that are gentle on skin. You want to avoid irritants and heavy chemicals. Usually that's why people turn to the holistic route, but in actuality, some of the natural medications can be quite harsh on the skin. I truly believe gentle is the way to go when dealing with anything. Your body is always working to maintain a state of balance inside and out. It's best not to go against the grain.

MemberMember
(@seamlesssea)

Posted : 09/25/2015 5:34 pm

Green tea does not seem to help/reduce my acne at all and I often feel like it can actually bring out more spots, not sure why that is though.