Notifications
Clear all

Help Help Help

MemberMember
(@ladyc)

Posted : 09/02/2015 11:17 am

Hello, I used benzoyl poroxide a while ago then I felt I was getting loads of spots and felt it wasnt working anymore a

So I stopped using it! My skin has got really bad again I think it could be hormonal!? Can anyone suggest any thing!?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 09/02/2015 11:19 am

Have you tried Spironolactone?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/02/2015 12:58 pm

BP isn't a one and done thing...if you have acne prone skin, it is better to use it everyday. Your skin will be dry the first few weeks, but eventually it gets used to the BP and controls the acne much better.

You liked
MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 09/02/2015 3:45 pm

I don't know how long you've been using BP but you have to give it a chance to work. Jumping from product to product just because you don't see instant results isn't going to work. There's no magic formula with acne it takes time and finding a good regimen which you must adhere to is crucial.

You liked
MemberMember
(@ladyc)

Posted : 09/04/2015 8:35 am

Hello All,

Thank you for you for your kind help

I used bebzoyl poroxide for a few years then it just stopped working and was still getting lots of blemishes so I spotted using it over 6 months ago and my skin is bad people keep telling me that its hormonal blemishes as the worst of it is along my jaw line and neck!?

MemberMember
(@ladyc)

Posted : 09/04/2015 1:26 pm

Really need help as my skin is really bad!?

Thank you in advance

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/21/2015 10:51 pm

If it is hormonal, maybe ask your doctor about birth control pills. I'm currently taking Ocella (generic of Yasmin or Yaz) and it's been notorious for bad side effects but it's also had several success stories as well as being an effective contraceptive. I've only been on it for a week and a half and I haven't had any problems. I understand it is also too early to make final judgments about it too. But birth control, in general, may be an okay option.