Notifications
Clear all

Should I Start Using Bp? I'm Scared...

MemberMember
(@danisrguez)

Posted : 09/06/2015 4:11 am

Hello everyone!!

I was thinking to get some BP 2.5% to help clearing my skin, but I saw a few post where people said their PIH marks started to get worse. I have a lot of PIH marks on my cheeks, but I don't get any cysts or anything like that, I have like a lot of small pimples concentrated on my forehead, cheeks (where the PIH is), on my eyebrows (yeah -.-") and chin area. I really want those pimples to go away because my skin hasn't been smooth for 5 years now, but I'm scared that the BP makes my skin worse. I also have some bigger pimples on the upper side of my cheeks. I may say that my PIH marks are really red and dark...

What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@danisrguez)

Posted : 09/07/2015 12:17 pm

Thank you for answering!

I don't think BP makes red marks darker. That's probably just a psychology thing. What I do know is that once BP clears your acne, red marks might be left behind. The marks themselves aren't caused by BP. They're just due to your body's inflammation response.

I really think you should use it. I've been using it for a few years, and I was recently reminded how awesome it was. I applied makeup to both my face & neck, but I broke out only on my neck (where I don't apply BP).

Thank you for answering! :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/08/2015 9:41 am

AHA+ can really help speed up the fading of PIH and you can begin incorporating this treatment into the Regimen after about 4 weeks. BP does not cause red marks or make them darker, so please don't let this stop you from trying it! :)

MemberMember
(@danisrguez)

Posted : 09/09/2015 4:46 pm

AHA+ can really help speed up the fading of PIH and you can begin incorporating this treatment into the Regimen after about 4 weeks. BP does not cause red marks or make them darker, so please don't let this stop you from trying it! :)

Thank you! I will use BP :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@olivier97)

Posted : 09/20/2015 6:06 am

I've been using the benzoyl peroxide cream for 3 weeks now and it's definitely improved my acne. I've noticed it leaves red marks on my skin but you can remove those by regularly applying a honey and milk mask which soothes the skin. You can track the progress using the SkinStory app, that's what I've done: here's the link: {LINK REMOVED}