Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuminousSteel

Does Accutane Cause Infertility And Will It Fade Red Marks From Acne?

Hi! I have these two queations based on roaccutane. 1st I wanna know if it will help to get rid of acne marks that are on my face from older acne. I haven't picked or anything but the acne leave red marks. And then the other question is will accutane cause infertility? Are there any people who had babies after taking accutane.

From what I've heard Accutane helps for red acne scars to fade away, but not for big scars, like the ones that look like a tiny hole if your face. I know a guy that was 30 years old and had some sort of an infection, his whole face was full of cysts, after Accutane you can't even tell he had any acne, while I haven't used it and I have a red scar left, after each small pimple..

No it does not cause infertility. Not sure where you are, but in the US they require all women who take Accutane to be on birth control since it does cause birth defects and deformities. I don't think it does anything for red marks.

Accutane does not cause infertility, it just increases the risk of having a baby with birth defects. It also does not do anything for pre-existing red marks. It does however causes new red marks from acne you get during accutane use to stay around longer.

if it will help to get rid of acne marks that are on my face from older acne. I haven't picked or anything but the acne leave red marks.

Roaccutane/Accutane helps reduce red marks and some scars, but won't get rid of them completely, according to my dermatologist.