Notifications
Clear all

Are Hot Or Cold Showers Good For Acne/acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/27/2015 9:40 am

I'm torn between whether to take hot or cold showers to help my acne.

(I have acne scars mostly on my cheeks, along with a few zits from a recent breakout.)

A few people suggested that maybe I should change the temperature that I shower at, as that could be affecting my skin (especially since I took VERY long hot showers).

So for about a week I have been taking short, cold showers, because I heard that it has many benefits for your skin and otherwise. I can see a little bit of improvement but I'm not sure it's the cold showers. (I use CeraVe cleanser for anybody who's wondering, I use the one for oily skin, however my skin is not particularly oily or dry most times)

But along with reading benefits for cold showers, I came across the same for using hot water because it opens your pores.

I'm really confused of which is right for me, but in the meantime I will be taking room temperature showers.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 08/27/2015 5:48 pm

Hot water can dry your skin out which leads to more problems. Water that is just a little warm but not hot is best.

MemberMember
(@moisturer)

Posted : 08/28/2015 9:46 pm

I put my head under the sink and pour water at the coldest level on my face, while i hold my breath. Then.. i stay like that for as long as i can. I don't believe it helps, but it's still good.

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/29/2015 9:38 am

I put my head under the sink and pour water at the coldest level on my face, while i hold my breath. Then.. i stay like that for as long as i can. I don't believe it helps, but it's still good.

Interesting, the cold water was just a change from my really hot showers. I saw a lot of improvement but I think it's because I cut out my bad habit. Also makes it easier to get out of the shower since I don't like being in it as much.