Notifications
Clear all

Zentane 80 Mg Log - 19 Yr Old Male, 124 Pounds - Please Start Working

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 08/17/2015 11:46 am

Hi all,

My skin for the most part is pretty tolerable. It never looks AWFUL per say, but oftentimes I have difficulty becoming decently clear. In the past (13-15 yrs/old) I had a pretty rough encounter, with some Cystic activity and just a lot of acne in general. I partly attribute this to having longer hair back then which always rested on my forehead, got greasy and caused breakouts.

Nevertheless, I am at the point now where I want to permanently solve my skin issues. With the help of my stubborn back, which has always been a bit of a mess and has only slightly cleared with the Tretinoin/doxy combo, I have been prescribed 80 mg/Zenatane per day.

I'm a bit scared because I am in a relationship and I don't want any side effects from accutane to effect my confidence to the point where I feel like I have to end it. I have been wearing foundation in some fashion every day for the last 7 years. This has been a constant source of embarrassment to me and I feel that if I can finally achieve clear skin and not have to wear foundation, I will be psychologically alright.

Routine

_________

Morning - 40 mg zenatane, 5 b5/pantho acid plls, wash with blue dove soap and apply clindamycin to back and any problem areas on face. Moisturize with Olay complete protection

Run 1.5 miles

Tan (which I'm scared of having to stop on 'tane)

Night - Same topically as above except for application of .025 tretinoin

Walk 1.5 miles

I'm very much in shape and I eat NO UNHEALTHY FOOD.

I eat veggies, fruits, occasional wheat products and lightly salted nuts. I don't eat anything processed and I only drink water. Has been this way for 2 months.

I think what will make the biggest difference is me keeping a positive attitude and not picking my face unless necessary. I am prone to popping whiteheads because I am able to cover them up without the head being there.

Please wish me luck as I wish the same to you guys. Fingers crossed as I begin my journey! Am going to make a SIGNIFICANT effort to remain positive, busy and productive during my journey. That will only help!!

Day Zero (First pill should be taken tonight)

_________

Decent complexion. A bit dry around my chin/mouth, is mostly my own doing for messing with things. Nothing too active for the moment. A few marks/places that I alleviated some whitehead activity, but nothing that I feel like I have to worry about. Looking forward to tonight!!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/17/2015 12:10 pm

Just curious, why were you prescribed zenatane? In my experience it is the worst generic.

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 08/17/2015 12:46 pm

Just curious, why were you prescribed zenatane? In my experience it is the worst generic.

No idea. Just what I was given. My derm did say that she only saw one bad reaction to Zenatane and that she doesn't believe in/usually see an IB.

Sorry if it was bad for you. Maybe your bad experience with it was an anomaly? In any event, staying positive...

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/17/2015 1:17 pm

No idea. Just what I was given. My derm did say that she only saw one bad reaction to Zenatane and that she doesn't believe in/usually see an IB.

Sorry if it was bad for you. Maybe your bad experience with it was an anomaly? In any event, staying positive...

Not sure, but if you're having a bad experience just ask your doctor to switch generics. I got bad joint pain on zenatane and I didn't feel like it helped my acne as much as other generics. I'm not trying to scare you. I just want you to know that some people react differently to different generics and if you don't like one you may do better on another. Good luck on your course!

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 08/31/2015 1:27 am

Day 14 -

I feel AWFUL.

my face looks simply terrible. I am getting cysts - (I never get cysts), new pimples and blackheads. I am picking my face in frustration, the skin is so much thinner now. I need to stop picking!!

my life is simply terrible right now. My will to live is Nill and I wish I could just hide for the rest of my life.

The IB is real.

MemberMember
(@jaimieb94)

Posted : 09/01/2015 3:31 pm

Hey,

I feel your pain! I'm on my second month of Zenatane, and my IB was crazy! I was in VA as a youth counselor so I was always outside and caking sunscreen on my eruptive, dry, crusty face! That being said, it gets sooo much better!!! Just hold in there! Once you finish your first month, then the rest will seem easy :) Also, don't worry about your relationship! Your girlfriend likes you for you- with or without acne. Even when you can't love your face, remember that she loves it! You are going to beat this acne, don't let a temporary situation affect your future! Be encouraged- you're on the road to clear skin!

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/07/2015 12:51 am

Day 21 -

Feeling Depressed.

A few Cystic like places on face. Back is breaking out pretty bad. Face getting white heads.

Hoping my second month is better.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/07/2015 7:00 am

Accutane is no easy road. You've come this far so please don't give up. The first few months can be trying but remember why you're doing this. Your family, friends and partner loves you, not how you look or for your skin. Limit your mirror time, don't pick and try to stay busy.

Good Luck

paigems liked
MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/08/2015 10:20 am

Day 22/23

Feeling AWFUL.

The left side of my cheek is breaking out. My forehead has marks on it. My skin has random areas of dryness. I'm getting 3-5 small-medium whiteheads a day. I'm exhausted. Am supposed to chill with a romantic interest this week - so of course this is happening. I honestly feel beyond hopeless in every way shape and form.

Lets be honest - life is COMPLETELY based on looks. So when I'm looking bad, I'm really wishing I could just go into a coma. So sick of this BS. Want to scream.

Acne has caused me to quit my job, lose my friends and has turned my life upside-down. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I'm disgusted and I genuinely detest every aspect of my life. I am unable to think of anybody but myself and I am so sick of being different. Sick of being gay, sick of having acne, sick of it all. Life is honestly a croc of shit.

If I died and god told me that life was some sort of hell/purgatory I can't say I'd be very surprised at all.

Wishing it would all be over.

MemberMember
(@nasis)

Posted : 09/08/2015 4:21 pm

woha, chill, everything is going to be okay, your acne will go away in a couple months, go to youtube and find some motivational videos to cheer you up.

MemberMember
(@jaimieb94)

Posted : 09/08/2015 8:30 pm

Please just take a step back away from the condition of your skin, and really look at yourself. You are irreplaceable, valued, and loved! God placed you on this earth for a reason, and He loves you soooo much! He wants to bless your life and help you through these hard times! No matter what those discouraging thoughts in your mind are telling you, you are going to get through this and get your life back. Don't let acne have this much power over your life! You are worth sooo much more! Please let your doctor know about everything that you're going through, don't let yourself feel alone and isolated. Your doctor can give you support and help that will help you look towards the future!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/12/2015 4:33 pm

Day 22/23

Feeling AWFUL.

The left side of my cheek is breaking out. My forehead has marks on it. My skin has random areas of dryness. I'm getting 3-5 small-medium whiteheads a day. I'm exhausted. Am supposed to chill with a romantic interest this week - so of course this is happening. I honestly feel beyond hopeless in every way shape and form.

Lets be honest - life is COMPLETELY based on looks. So when I'm looking bad, I'm really wishing I could just go into a coma. So sick of this BS. Want to scream.

Acne has caused me to quit my job, lose my friends and has turned my life upside-down. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I'm disgusted and I genuinely detest every aspect of my life. I am unable to think of anybody but myself and I am so sick of being different. Sick of being gay, sick of having acne, sick of it all. Life is honestly a croc of shit.

If I died and god told me that life was some sort of hell/purgatory I can't say I'd be very surprised at all.

Wishing it would all be over.

I definitely think accutane could be inducing some of your feelings. Definitely keep in mind that this drug does that. If it gets to be too much, look into counseling. Jamie was right. You're here for a purpose. You were born the way you were for a purpose. And if a potential partner can't see past a physical thing such as acne, shelve him.

Try to stay encouraged and don't isolate.

Hugs

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/17/2015 12:11 pm

Oh hell yeah this drug does. Listen, I have suicidal thoughts when off this drug, but on this drug its 1000x stronger. At the end of the day I don't care. It's worth it.

Day 1 of month 2:

Breakout on both cheeks, whitehead central. All I've noticed from the first month is that my face is less oily throughout the day and some whiteheads under the skin have disappeared. Praying, wishing and hoping for progress soon! Was clearish for like three days last week. Never lasts.

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 09/17/2015 1:20 pm

I definitely went through the same thing, it broke out horribly the first 2 months, and continuted to break out kind of bad my third month. Im currently about to enter month 4, still worse then when i started and i had mild acne. my face looks a mess right now. Very very depressing

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 09/21/2015 12:25 am

Oh hell yeah this drug does. Listen, I have suicidal thoughts when off this drug, but on this drug its 1000x stronger. At the end of the day I don't care. It's worth it.

Day 1 of month 2:

Breakout on both cheeks, whitehead central. All I've noticed from the first month is that my face is less oily throughout the day and some whiteheads under the skin have disappeared. Praying, wishing and hoping for progress soon! Was clearish for like three days last week. Never lasts.

That's a really serious side effect. Have you talked to your derm about it? Maybe you wouldn't have that side effect on a different generic.

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/21/2015 11:50 am

Day 1 of month 2:

That's a really serious side effect. Have you talked to your derm about it? Maybe you wouldn't have that side effect on a different generic.

In my opinion, talking to my derm about it will almost certainly cause her to panic and decrease my dosage or take me off of it altogether. I want to be done with acne and this is my only chance. I will not risk anything!

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/22/2015 2:55 pm

Day 35 - small breakouts on cheeks and lower left chin. Lips very dry. Back not so great. Noticing more breakouts on neckline, but may be from increased running. Little/no forhead acne. Praying for good results in this second month.

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/24/2015 2:21 pm

So exhausting always having 5-10 whiteheads ready to pop every day

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 09/30/2015 9:15 am

Day 44 - Cyst in time for job interview! Yay!!! God bless :)

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 10/10/2015 11:28 am

Day 55 - Big date tonight - woke up with my worst acne in weeks. LOL.

You can't script this stuff in Hollywood.

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 10/13/2015 10:56 pm

Approaching the beginning of month 3 - Genuinely convinced that increased breakouts will lead to clear skin. Areas that have already broken out are staying clear. Had a patch of ugly whiteheads that always refill finally come up. Well...I forced it a bit. But still. Hoping that area stays clear.

I believe in Accutane.

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 10/16/2015 12:00 pm

are you clearing up and are you on zenatane? im starting my month 3 and im on zenatane ima try to get off though and go to claravis

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 10/17/2015 11:45 am

yeah I feel like it's working.

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 10/17/2015 11:50 am

awesome i just got a huge inside pimple (seem to be getting a lot of these , i didnt get before the accutane (zenatane) its on my right cheek and it actually sorda hurts i feel so bad and depressed. hard not to stress out. im starting month 3 and still breaking out :(

MemberMember
(@mirage95)

Posted : 10/17/2015 12:48 pm

awesome i just got a huge inside pimple (seem to be getting a lot of these , i didnt get before the accutane (zenatane) its on my right cheek and it actually sorda hurts i feel so bad and depressed. hard not to stress out. im starting month 3 and still breaking out :(

tbh man I think I'd be more surprised if you started month three and WEREN'T breaking out. Patience is the name of the game with Accutane. Just remember that all generics have the same primary active 'ingredients'. Stressing over the medication won't do you any good. Just make sure you are eating a fatty meal with your dose and let the medicine do the rest. As cliche as it sounds....fate takes time.