Notifications
Clear all

Claravis (Accutane) Log

MemberMember
(@busterbry2)

Posted : 08/15/2015 11:23 pm

So I have been on Accutane for about two months now and im starting to feel really discouraged because i feel like its not working.

Im creating this thread to get some support and advice. Also, i'm here to share and give advice since this is my second round of accutane.

Background: 19 yr old male

140 lbs 5ft 9 inches

My dosage is 40mg twice a day and i am just finishing month 2 of accutane

Day 60: Im still breaking out here and there but my face has become incredibly dry. My acne is mostly concentrated on my cheeks and chin with a tiny bit on my forehead. My biggest concern is the redness. My cheeks are bright red when i go outside and it is making me extremely self conscious. Any advice on how to help with that would be great. i'm going back to college in two days and the closer and closer i get to move in day the more and more self conscious and worried i get.

Ill try to update as much as i can, maybe once or twice a week.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 08/16/2015 12:12 am

A lot of accutane users see significant clearing around 12-16 weeks (month 3-4).. not seeing much happening at two months is normal! And you being on 80mg a day you will definitely see results eventually!

Now flushing with accutane is normal, did you have this before you started the medication? If not, it will likely be with you for the majority of the treatment, try to always use sun protection so it doesn't get worse! But the flushing will go away once you stop the medication! (:

MemberMember
(@busterbry2)

Posted : 08/17/2015 9:20 pm

Day 62: Im going back to college tomorrow and i still feel extremely self conscious. I've been breaking out more and more on my cheeks and chin. It pains me just to look in the mirror. Im nervous just to be out in public and I don't know how i am going to manage facing everyone and going to class. Its gotten to a point to where its really hard for me to make eye contact and that kills me because im usually a really confident guy. Right now i have about 15-20 pimples on each of my cheeks and im breaking out really badly on my jawline and right below my jawline. They are mostly just big unbearable cysts.

MemberMember
(@busterbry2)

Posted : 08/25/2015 9:03 pm

Day 70: I guess im almost halfway through with my accutane treatment. I can see some subtle improvements but my cheeks are still covered in acne. For some reason i am now getting a little bit on my forehead; which is weird because i rarely ever break out on my forehead. Going to class and meeting new people is a struggle for me just because i feel so self conscious throughout the day. With that being said, im still keeping my head up because i am at the point where i will start to see some results. Im hoping that within about 2 or 3 weeks ill start seeing some serious improvements.

Right now i have about 15-20 pimples on each cheek but they are much smaller than before. I have about 5 on my forehead and my chin is clearing up for the most part. The cyst on my jawline are starting to get smaller. I feel like it can only go up from here. i just wish the medicine worked a little faster.

MemberMember
(@busterbry2)

Posted : 08/28/2015 10:16 pm

Day 72: I'm probably at an all time low with my acne and my depression. My acne has not been this bad in a while. Why skin is getting even more red and my acne has flared up out of nowhere. Not to mention i am extremely lonely. My acne is forcing me to avoid social situations at all cost, its a real bummer.

For people that have used accutane previously: When did the treatment start working for you? The first time i took accutane i started seeing major results at this time (2.5 months). Now, my second time around it seems that my acne is swinging from manageable to bad. Its like taking two steps forward and one step back. Once again, i wish this treatment would work already. Any advice about any previous experiences with accutane would be great.