Notifications
Clear all

Accutane In The Sun

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/14/2015 12:16 pm

hey guys, so yesterday i started accutane i also got a job at an amusment park, now about 50% of the jobs are inside and outside so should i tell my boss i cannot work outside at al? or should i try to apply sunscreen all day? also, would it be okay to work after 5pm outside without sunscreen? really need help thank you

MemberMember
(@tonyy)

Posted : 08/14/2015 10:04 pm

If you end up working outdoors I recommend using a sunscreen that comes in a stick form (I'll link one below) because chemical sunscreens actually get eroded by the sun and sometimes up to 90% can wear off within an hour and since you'll be working it's easier to roll on some sunscreen rather than to rub the cream and stuff.

Also, get an SPF hat (not a baseball cap, something that really covers) at a fishing/sports store because it'll help soo much. I'm currently speaking from experience, I carry a sunscreen stick and wear a big 50 SPF hat that covers my face from every angle even though it kinda looks ugly but I could care less, I rather look bad for a few months than suffer deep red acne marks that take forever to fade (UV rays make them worse) or possibly risk something like skin cancer because your skin is fragile on accutane.

Here's the hat I use: http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-XPS-Boulder-Explorer-Hat/product/13121408312917/

Here's the sunscreen I apply every hour when I'm outside: http://www.neutrogena.com/product/ultra+sheer-+face+-+body+stick+sunscreen+broad+spectrum+spf+70.do?sortby=ourPicks

**IF YOU PLAN TO USE A DIFFERENT SUNSCREEN MAKE SURE IT'S LABELED "BROAD SPECTRUM" BECAUSE THOSE ARE SUNSCREENS THAT PROTECT FROM BOTH THE SUNLIGHT'S UVB AND UVA RAYS**

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 08/15/2015 6:02 am

I recommend sunscreen, and it should be fine.

In my opinion and experience, accutane side effects are hugely overexaggerated, but I do know that is varies significantly.

I am extremely pale and currently on my 6th month. At the beginning of my 5th I went from rainy, cold england to ridiculously hot florida. I burn/tan quite easy so was very worried.

My derm recommended an spf 50 called sunsense, which I used, but literally only the tiniest tiniest amount because it looked greasy. Nearer the end I didn't even put any on and was spending pretty much 6 hours a day outside in a vest top..

No burn.

Just listen to your body and if you feel like you're burning, get inside or apply more.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/15/2015 8:28 am

I was out in the sun all day a few weeks ago and bought this sunscreen. See photo. I was so unhappy with it because it wouldn't rub in!

However, that evening, I came home and read the acne.org article on sunscreen. "Physical sunscreen" stays kind of white on your skin and doesn't rub in as well. It protects your skin from the sun just as well as other sunscreens but doesn't need to be reapplied. The thickness is less of an issue because I'm not reapplying unless I get wet. And it's non comedogenic!post-480481-0-55748500-1439645332.jpgpost-480481-0-55748500-1439645332.jpgpost-480481-0-55748500-1439645332.jpg