Notifications
Clear all

Red Spots On Face - Need A Diagnosis

MemberMember
(@aaron19)

Posted : 08/12/2015 5:05 pm

I've suffered from severe to moderate acne for years, and recently I've stopped breaking out. Now all that's left is many red spots on my face. I would like to know what this is, and possibly a treatment for these.

(I had Cystic Acne only on my cheeks, and my skin was never oily)

Also, is this going to scar? I would like to know if theres any hope for me to have clear skin again, because I can't even remember the last time I did I was so young. Thanks.

post-484591-0-55217600-1439417111.jpg

post-484591-0-51536000-1439417115.jpg

MemberMember
(@mm88girl)

Posted : 08/13/2015 2:23 am

hi are the red spots raised and inflamed, or are they what is left behind from the acne? If these feel tender and inflamed treat with bp. However if they are hyper-pigmentation you can try a mix of Aloe and oil (Hemp seed or jojaba). Another thing you can do is make a serum from asorbic acid (Vitamin C derivative). You can buy the asorbic acid at [Removed] or search on amazon. be careful to make no more than a 5-10% solution

MemberMember
(@aaron19)

Posted : 08/13/2015 3:17 am

On 8/13/2015 at 1:23 PM, Mm88girl said:

hi are the red spots raised and inflamed, or are they what is left behind from the acne? If these feel tender and inflamed treat with bp. However if they are hyper-pigmentation you can try a mix of Aloe and oil (Hemp seed or jojaba). Another thing you can do is make a serum from asorbic acid (Vitamin C derivative). You can buy the asorbic acid at [Removed] or search on amazon. be careful to make no more than a 5-10% solution

Hi, thank you for replying, they are left behind from acne. They do not feel tender and are completely flat. My skin is for the most part smooth, just with red spots like these. Currently I've been using a Clarifying Serum Azelaic, but it does not seem to be having much of an effect so far

MemberMember
(@mm88girl)

Posted : 08/13/2015 12:31 pm

It will take time and patience, possibly 6months to a year, but it will fade. I have found the two things above (aloe, hempseedoil, vit c) to be helpful in healing and fading red spots. The rest is up to your body. Also try getting some sun, just enough so you dont burn to get vitamin d and even out skin tone. Are you still using acne products? Bp slows down healing time in my opinion (also will cause vit c not to work because of oxidizing). If u are using bp id take a break once a week and apply the healing stuff.

How did you clear your acne?

MemberMember
(@aaron19)

Posted : 08/13/2015 12:37 pm

It will take time and patience, possibly 6months to a year, but it will fade. I have found the two things above (aloe, hempseedoil, vit c) to be helpful in healing and fading red spots. The rest is up to your body. Also try getting some sun, just enough so you dont burn to get vitamin d and even out skin tone. Are you still using acne products? Bp slows down healing time in my opinion (also will cause vit c not to work because of oxidizing). If u are using bp id take a break once a week and apply the healing stuff.

How did you clear your acne?

I just stopped breaking out. For years I would be using a variety of products and some worked a little, some worked not at all, but recently I just stopped getting the actual acne. Now, my routine is to use Seabreeze to cleanse my face then the clarifying serum.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 08/20/2015 11:45 am

You need laser resurfacing before that scars...fast