Notifications
Clear all

How Long After "cheating" Does Your Skin Typically Get Inflamed?

MemberMember
(@rachkellz)

Posted : 08/07/2015 4:26 pm

Hello, all!

I began eating very clean about 1-2 months ago. I took out gluten, soy, dairy, legumes, and nuts, and basically all processed and refined sugars. I feel that after taking out nuts, (used to drink almond milk everyday) my skin has really improved! It has been a hard two months or so, but I love this natural route so far.

Anyway, it was pretty moderate/severe at one point, and I have cried about it a few times the past couple months. This is the only reason I have been so disciplined about my diet! I eat very clean during the week, and slip on the weekends. My skin looks a lot better which is very exciting, but I had some almonds with a tiny bit of ice cream and brownie last night. I feel that my skin instantly looks more inflamed today.

I guess my question is, for you all, how long does it take for you to feel acne forming/inflammation increasing after cheating on your diet? I'm not sure if its just me being paranoid, or if my skin can actually worsen overnight. I do great throughout the week and so I want to indulge slightly over the weekend! Its pretty hard avoiding every dang processed food and trying to live a "normal" life...

MemberMember
(@solecalibur)

Posted : 08/08/2015 1:12 pm

NOBODY CARES

MemberMember
(@ripvanwinkle)

Posted : 08/08/2015 9:09 pm

Actually, I care. I know exactly what you're going through. I'd say it usually takes my skin about 4-5 days to react from eating bad food.

I've come to the conclusion that cheating is just never worth it. It's not worth the stress. I don't like "cheating" or having "treats" and then wondering with anxiety if the consumed food will cause a new pimple or four. I'd much prefer to just not eat the junk at all.

It may seem hard to avoid junk but it's like quitting smoking. It just gets easier over time. You will realize you are a food junkie and you are addicted. You have an unnecessary emotional attachment to certain comfort foods. You can break this damaging relationship.

Be free.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/15/2015 1:08 am

It varies, man. I fins if I eat milk n cookies, I breakout by the next day. But if I ate appleby's or mcdonald's, I breakout within 30 minutes. You just gotta moniter and see what causes what. Like milk n cookies causes hideous cheek acne for me.

Rachkellz liked
MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 08/17/2015 3:14 pm

Usually the next day.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/18/2015 1:18 pm

I find if I eat a bunch of chocolate then I will breakout. If I drink beer my face will see the negative effects of the alcohol since I suffer from sebderm.

If I eat clean and healthy lots of fruits, vegetables, smoothies, quinoa, healthy fats, nuts etc.. my skin will actually improve but more importantly I feel less groggy feel more alert and just overall feel good.