Notifications
Clear all

Theraclear (Alternative Acne Treatment)

MemberMember
(@survivalandbliss)

Posted : 08/07/2015 10:50 am

Hi, all,

Has anyone heard of, used, or spoke with someone who has used Theraclear? I went to a new dermatologist back in February and he recommended it because it supposedly has no side effects and is not medicinal. I thought about it and decided against it. Then yesterday, I went to the same office but saw a different derm and she highly recommended it, saying that they currently treat many patients in their office with this machine, have seen great results with it, there's nothing to be scared of, etc.

I decided to try it yesterday but just let the aesthetician use it on my chin--I was too scared to do my whole face! Part of the fear is that there's not too much out there in terms of reviews about the system. I'm wary of doing it because of that reason alone. That said, it's supposed to be 90% effective. It also clears up acne and reduces oil, which is a major plus for someone like me who struggles with excessive oil production and does not want to use Retin-A for various reasons.

Does ANYONE have experience with this? I would really like to hear about other people's results before I commit to going through with a full treatment.

(Here's the website for more info: [removed] ).

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/07/2015 11:06 am

On 8/7/2015 at 9:50 PM, survivalandbliss said:

Hi, all,

Has anyone heard of, used, or spoke with someone who has used Theraclear? I went to a new dermatologist back in February and he recommended it because it supposedly has no side effects and is not medicinal. I thought about it and decided against it. Then yesterday, I went to the same office but saw a different derm and she highly recommended it, saying that they currently treat many patients in their office with this machine, have seen great results with it, there's nothing to be scared of, etc.

I decided to try it yesterday but just let the aesthetician use it on my chin--I was too scared to do my whole face! Part of the fear is that there's not too much out there in terms of reviews about the system. I'm wary of doing it because of that reason alone. That said, it's supposed to be 90% effective. It also clears up acne and reduces oil, which is a major plus for someone like me who struggles with excessive oil production and does not want to use Retin-A for various reasons.

Does ANYONE have experience with this? I would really like to hear about other people's results before I commit to going through with a full treatment.

(Here's the website for more info: [removed] ).

this sounds interesting. i just googled it and found this girl talks about it with success :

http://theressomethingaboutmaria.com/tag/theraclear/

also

http://jermaineee.com/2013/10/15/4434/

let me know how it goes , im going to look into this too

MemberMember
(@survivalandbliss)

Posted : 08/07/2015 11:50 am

Thanks for your response! I have actually read those reviews, but the blogger in the first link clearly has makeup on / airbrushing in her after photos. I wanted to see clearer, more realistic results! And as for the second link, while the blogger posts clear pictures, she lives in Singapore. That doesn't really matter all that much, but it seems that most of the reviews are from people in other countries which is a little weird to me. If this is such a great system and my derm has treated all these patients using it, how come no one in the US has posted about it? Maybe it's too new? I wanted to know if anyone more local has had it done because I think the procedures might be slightly different in different countries. Plus, I'm always super skeptical that some of these are paid reviews. I always read these sorts of things (blogs, reviews, etc.) with a super-critical eye.

I will keep you posted. Let me know if you decide to do it, too! The procedure was actually kind of cool, though I only went through with it for a small part of my face. You feel a little suction / warmth on your face, but it was oddly comforting. Unfortunately, that's complemented by a burning smell (of your facial hair!), so that kind of freaked me out.

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/07/2015 12:31 pm

Thanks for your response! I have actually read those reviews, but the blogger in the first link clearly has makeup on / airbrushing in her after photos. I wanted to see clearer, more realistic results! And as for the second link, while the blogger posts clear pictures, she lives in Singapore. That doesn't really matter all that much, but it seems that most of the reviews are from people in other countries which is a little weird to me. If this is such a great system and my derm has treated all these patients using it, how come no one in the US has posted about it? Maybe it's too new? I wanted to know if anyone more local has had it done because I think the procedures might be slightly different in different countries. Plus, I'm always super skeptical that some of these are paid reviews. I always read these sorts of things (blogs, reviews, etc.) with a super-critical eye.

I will keep you posted. Let me know if you decide to do it, too! The procedure was actually kind of cool, though I only went through with it for a small part of my face. You feel a little suction / warmth on your face, but it was oddly comforting. Unfortunately, that's complemented by a burning smell (of your facial hair!), so that kind of freaked me out.

yeah i agree about being skeptical about online reviews like that. the machine/how it works sounds a lot like Acleara. i was looking into going to a new derm and she has a link about acleara on her website (i was actually just looking at this machine yesterday.. is it the same thing as theraclear??) it seems really similar

http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/cosmetic/acleara.html

let me know if you continue with treatment and how it works out! i'd love if something like that helped out because i hate taking meds :( what is your acne like?

MemberMember
(@survivalandbliss)

Posted : 08/07/2015 12:53 pm

Omg, yes! Same exact thing as Acleara! I'm SO glad you told me that. There's way more info and testimonials out there about Acleara than there is for Theraclear, so I guess Theraclear is just a knock-off?? Same thing though.

I hate taking meds too, and part of the reason I won't use Retin-A (besides the horror stories of dryness and flaking) is because I am thinking of possibly having a baby within the next year, so I want to go as natural as possible with my treatments. I have pretty mild acne, mostly comedonal. It's really not that bad, but my skin gets ultra oily so that's another reason why this machine is so attractive! I feel so self-conscious about my excessive oiliness, and I know that reducing that will also reduce the acne I do get.

Check out this Acleara success story from the boards here (this may have just convinced me!) :

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/07/2015 2:19 pm

Omg, yes! Same exact thing as Acleara! I'm SO glad you told me that. There's way more info and testimonials out there about Acleara than there is for Theraclear, so I guess Theraclear is just a knock-off?? Same thing though.

I hate taking meds too, and part of the reason I won't use Retin-A (besides the horror stories of dryness and flaking) is because I am thinking of possibly having a baby within the next year, so I want to go as natural as possible with my treatments. I have pretty mild acne, mostly comedonal. It's really not that bad, but my skin gets ultra oily so that's another reason why this machine is so attractive! I feel so self-conscious about my excessive oiliness, and I know that reducing that will also reduce the acne I do get.

Check out this Acleara success story from the boards here (this may have just convinced me!) :

omg that's a great review!!!!!!!! that makes me very happy! i'm going to look into this more. DEFINITEly keep me updated if you go through with treatment!!!!

MemberMember
(@mlaura)

Posted : 09/01/2020 1:30 am

Hey, some years later how did it work?