Notifications
Clear all

Losing All Hope

MemberMember
(@sjk92)

Posted : 08/07/2015 2:58 am

Hi im a 17 year old guy and since i was 14 ive had brutal acne, i started accutane in early june & ive lost most of my pimples, but i have a major problem with redness allover my face but not my forehead? (i don't wash my forehead alot), oily nose, i look disgusting, ive tried everything, my mom even bought me a bar of dove soap a few days ago and when i washed my face the first day it looked clean! but then ofcourse a few hours go by its same old redness on my face. I stopped using it yesterday cause my face looks red, feels irritated and oily. I dont even care about pimples at this point all i want is a even nice skin tone and i will be happy, currently right now im the most depressed ive ever been & its madning because i have so much potential but i get this life ruining disease, should i just stop washing my face overall? everything i use seems to make my face redder and its quite depressing. schools coming up in early September and I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE the redness is gone but im seriously losing hope, im at the point where i want to do online classes cause im that depressed. what should i do? ive tried everything? should i stop washing my face overall. I HAVE less then one month!

MemberMember
(@sjk92)

Posted : 08/07/2015 3:20 am

Is Aloe Vera Gel doable?

I'd use cleanser instead of soap for the face.

You might want to try a product that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. They help to mask redness. One option is Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sensitive. Or you can try a moisturizer that claims to reduce redness, such as Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion w/ SPF 15. IDK if it's sold in Canada, though.

MemberMember
(@pavlochenko-m)

Posted : 08/07/2015 6:24 am

Hi! I know it's hard but don't worry too much about the redness while on accutane. You're only in the treatment start and it should get a little better with time and a lot better when you finish it. Accutane makes your skin a lot more sensitive so i would recomend to not wash your face too much, it won't help. It will get alot better staying only with accutane, trust me

MemberMember
(@goosy)

Posted : 08/07/2015 10:28 am

Consuming pure chimp super vitamins can be helpful for you.

They helped me much.

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/07/2015 4:18 pm

Hi there! I recommend the Stone Crop Gel Wash, Stone Crop Toner, and Stone Crop Whip Moisturizer (or Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturizer)... Stone Crop is 10x more hydrating and calming then Aloe Vera. You can get the Stone Crop products from Eminence Organic Skin Care... it's my FAVORITE brand ever.

http://www.eminenstore.com/

They also have a Calming Skin line as well. Read the ingredients for all these products and find the ones that bests suit your needs!

All the best,

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/07/2015 5:13 pm

Redness is a part of the accutane process. Do the least amount to your skills n and try not to switch up products too much.

MemberMember
(@solecalibur)

Posted : 08/08/2015 1:11 pm

get antiacne sideffectless injection ofcourse?

MemberMember
(@lessismore)

Posted : 08/08/2015 1:52 pm

Hey there,

If you say that your skin constantly feels irritated, oily, red, and so on, then you need to seriously consider the following. Don't give in to all the absurd things the skincare industry tells you. The solution may be a lot more simple than you think.

The majority of the skin care industry is a scam. Its an industry which is hungry for your money. What the skin Care industry doesn't tell you is that the harsh chemicals in skin care products will strip your skin of essential oils and bacteria resulting in clearer skin in the short run, but agrevated skin in the long run (this includes things even such as dove bar soap). Acne can be attributable to many things in today's society such as pollutants, processed foods, allergens, however there is one commonality that almost every acne sufferer endures. That is the usage of unnatural and harsh skin care products. If you ever notice your skin feeling tight after washing or that you use a plethora of products then you need to consider changing your skin care routine. Infact the cavemen regimen (with tweaks) would clear complexion for most people.

Here's why:

When we are teens going through puberty our sebaceous glands produce more oil and sebum which is *necessary* and is a *natural* part of the human growth cycle. Our skin may appear to be more oily at times as a teen, but if you refrain from irritating your skin during these periods your sebaceous glands will quickly regulate production and your skin will no longer look oily. The oil produced by our skin is essential because it actually strengthens our skins ability to deal with toxins ,*but only if the oils are successfully abosorbed by the skin rather than just sitting on top of it or constantly being whipped away.*

When we apply harsh skin care products to our face we "over-clean" our skin, stripping it of all the essential oils it produced. *Oils and bacteria produced by the skin are a defense mechanism of the body.* Therefore the response that people will get from continuously using harsh skin care products and putting their skin into a state of shock is that more oil will be produced at a rapid pace. Rapid oil production along with irritated skin will produce blemishes. In so many cases, people who would normally have clear skin, ruin their complexion by continuously stripping their skin by using common skin care products. If you use these products consistently then your body will routinely have to compensate for this which will cause you to develop sensitve acne prone skin. * The skincare industry is a self-fullfilling trap to get your money.* As the skin care industry continues to develop, acne continues to become more prevalent in developed societies. This is not a coincidence.

How to Heal Your Skin:

If you are a healthy individual, who routinely excersizes, and has no idea why you still break out, then you need to try this! Wash your face with only water, before you go to bed for one week. Use lukewarm water and do not rub your face. Ideally, let your face run under the water in your shower. Towel dry, never use any type of paper to dry. If you see an improvement after a week then continue following these steps. Your skin will eventually begin to feel more rough. Dry skin cells will begin to accumulate and sit on top of your skin. Since your body is not used to only using water as a cleanser, you'll need to help your skin out by exfoliating. Use a gentle, all natural exfoliant. A great one to use is an oatmeal mask. The benefits to oatmeal masks are endless and can be read about online. Simply mix oatmeal with warm water and gently rub it around your skin. Wash it off after about 10mins of massaging and pat it dry. For dry skin you can also add in raw coconut oil, honey, or olive oil into the mix. For oily skin you can add in unflavoured plain yogurt. And for hyperpigmentation you can add in a small amount of raw apple cider vinegar. You should also exfoliate twice a week until your skin is no longer acne prone. This regemin can be tweaked, however during the first month try and keep it as simple as possible as your skin will be doing the majority of its healing. Not only will this regimen sooth your skin, reducing acne, hyper pigmentation, irritation, and dryness, it will also balance the pH level in your skins moisture barrier. Many people realise that once their pH levels have been restored they actually have better energy levels and reduced anxiety aswell. This is because every time you over wash your face your body has to work very hard to rebalance your skins pH levels.

Few more tips:

- If you need to, find a natural and gentle way to moisuritze your skin after washing. Consider coconut oil.

- its highly recommended that you do not wear any makeup during the first month. Your skin needs to breathe. If anything, eye makeup should be alright and remove with baby wipes.

- If you notice that you have any body acne then do not take any long and hot showers. Instead take short lukewarm showers and gently pat your skin dry with a towel. And only shower when you really need to.

- When in the shower, do not let any shampoo run down onto your face. Tilt your head back when rinsing your hair.

Anyway, there's an abundance of information. I'll leave with that.

MemberMember
(@tm1210)

Posted : 08/09/2015 8:17 am

Sounds like a SE of the accutane. Just take it easy with the skin products and give it some time. Don't over wash.

MemberMember
(@xnocturnex)

Posted : 08/09/2015 8:59 am

I've been on Acuttane this year, finished like 3 months ago.

I can tell you de redness is part of the process, especially at the beggining of the treatment.

Then, overall redness is reduced BUT your skin is still pretty sensitive and will go red where ever you touch it xD

My advice is: DON'T USE ANYTHING ON YOUR SKIN. Yes, really. Just cold water whenever you want. Your skin doesn't need more stuff while on Acuttane ( and a month after)