Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Perfrb

What Is Going On With My Neck?

Hey everyone

I have had problems with acne on the back of my neck/scalp for a long time. Within the last couple of months i've been getting breakouts on the side of my neck as well. I think it might have started after I begun washing my neck (never used to wash my neck, only with water). I use SebaMed cleansing bar or Sebamed anti bacterial cleansing foam and moisturize with Kiehls Ultra facial cream. I hope someone can help me out ! Pictures: http://imgur.com/a0jRtXS,QXtPpKx#0 close up: http://i.imgur.com/Lyl9JdT.jpg

Thank you :)

I'd stop washing that area for a couple of weeks to see if it goes away.

Yes, I will try that. Thank you

This looks like folliculitis. It can be a bacterial or fungal infection. You can get it from shaving, haircuts (the blade on the razor), etc. I suggest getting some antibiotic cream from your doctor -- I treated folliculitis with clindamycin 1% and it healed within a week. Folliculitis can heal on its own or when using SA or tea tree oil. Folliculitis is not acne, its a hair follicle infection.

This looks like folliculitis. It can be a bacterial or fungal infection. You can get it from shaving, haircuts (the blade on the razor), etc. I suggest getting some antibiotic cream from your doctor -- I treated folliculitis with clindamycin 1% and it healed within a week. Folliculitis can heal on its own or when using SA or tea tree oil. Folliculitis is not acne, its a hair follicle infection.

I have considered that as well. I will discuss this with my doctor when shes back from vacation. Thank's for your time, I appreciate it :)

Don't forget it could even be from the collar of your clothes! Deffo try testing certain things, like razors/washing powders

you can also try metronidazole cream OR coconut oil. both have helped clear up folliculitis that i had on my chin. the metro cream was a prescription from my derm. the coconut oil worked really well too- coconut oil is a strong antifungal