Notifications
Clear all

Does Having Acne Effect In You Starting A Relationship Or In A Relationship ?

MemberMember
(@heartbeat717)

Posted : 07/31/2015 10:57 am

I myself have been dealing with acne and acne scars for awhile now and to be honest I get a huge bubble of self-awareness, being self-conscious and over think about my physical appearance when it comes down to flirting and or socializing in attraction to the opposite sex. Now, my daily life consists of many interactions with the opposite sex ( I'm male as you can tell ) I deal with a lot of female customers at my job as a salesperson, which is a evening prom dress store. So to get an idea I am not in social nervous breakdown when it comes to time in socializing with the opposite sex.

Here's the thing though, when I find myself in liking of the opposite sex I start to realize how I look instantly due to my acne and acne scarring, which in due makes me over think about the situation at hand and how she thinks of me. For example in my head I would sort of prethink, damn that's a lot of facial damaged done, can I even go to the cafe, movies or just being out with this girl ? Without her noticing and being down to even getting turned off at some point in the relationship? Appearance I know isn't all in a relationship but damn when it's that obvious of your acne and scarring in the initial phase of ones relationship I start to wonder how her first impression of me would be and if it'll be alright in the long run.

How do you guys feel about this all ?

Does acne effect you now in a relationship or getting one ?

Have you dated and or dating someone with acne ?

How bad was or is his/her acne?

How does the whole acne category affect your relationship?

How would you react if you see someone in your liking from afar and find out that he or she has acne/scars, would that change your attraction ?

MemberMember
(@mikkurs)

Posted : 07/31/2015 11:32 am

How do you guys feel about this all ?

Does acne effect you now in a relationship or getting one ?

Have you dated and or dating someone with acne ?

How bad was or is his/her acne?

How does the whole acne category affect your relationship?

How would you react if you see someone in your liking from afar and find out that he or she has acne/scars, would that change your attraction ?

I often wonder this too. Personally I would date someone with acne. I'm not going to lie and say I don't prefer clear skin, I think we're naturally wired to, but acne or some skin problem isn't going to keep me from liking someone.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/31/2015 4:38 pm

It will effect starting a relationship of coarse but not any more than anything else. Some people hate it, some don't mind. Some like tall people, dark skinned people, etc. If you get into relationship obviously it wasn't a huge factor so I wouldn't worry about it. Only way it would become a problem after your dating is if you make it one. Perhaps if someone got severe acne after already dating someone but at that point it shouldn't be a big deal if they love eachother anyways.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 07/31/2015 4:48 pm

I definately feel way too ugly to hve a relationship, but I think (well, I hope) that maybe it's just a mental barrier we need to overcome..

Besides I saw a really cute guy this week who had pretty severe acne and scarring..and I still digged him

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 07/31/2015 6:41 pm

I can sometimes let my acne affect my realtionship in that sometimes I am withdrawn because I think I am "not good enough" for my fiance. But there are millions of girls out there with clear skin but he chose me. My fiance gets like 2 spots a YEAR but he always trys to help me still in trying to find a routine or new products.

And for acne in other people? Harry Styles from One Direction had acne yet still had MILLIONS of teenage(and adult) women swoon over him. I have seen men with acne who are still attractive. I have seen women with acne who I find drop dead gorgeous. We'd all be liars if we said looks didn't matter but looks are subjective!

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/31/2015 7:19 pm

Still a character trait. I don't mind if someone has acne are scaring. Some people have no problem dating someone overweight, that's a deal breaker for me.

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/31/2015 7:27 pm

Never again will I be in any sort of relationship. I don't feel good enough anymore...there's too much discrimination but I guess that's the consequence of bad genetics.

MemberMember
(@lucky987)

Posted : 08/04/2015 6:47 pm

There's someone out there for everyone, it's just finding them and you won't do that hiding behind your skin and beating yourself up every day.

All the best with your relationships people!

MemberMember
(@mcpk)

Posted : 08/09/2015 1:14 pm

Does acne effect you now in a relationship or getting one ? I am still in a relationship with a perfectly looking girl. Nevertheless I want to break up with her because I think she is asamed of me and I feel worthless compared to her.

Have you dated and or dating someone with acne ? No

How bad was or is his/her acne? Mine is pretty bad I would say.

How does the whole acne category affect your relationship? My Acne ruined everything.

How would you react if you see someone in your liking from afar and find out that he or she has acne/scars, would that change your attraction ? Girls --> a little bit Man ---> ugly af