Notifications
Clear all

Scars On Mixed/biracial Skin

MemberMember
(@nycskinproblems92)

Posted : 07/31/2015 3:57 am

Does anyone have a good way to treat scars /dark marks for mixed /biracial skin. My mother is white and has fair skin and my Father is Hispanic and has very tan skin. My Skintone currently is light /medium but I can get very tan. I attached a couple pictures to show what my skin tone is. But the problem ive found with having a darker skin tone or being mixed is that scars, at least in my experience, turn brown or a little darker than my natural skin color. And everyone will say is because I picked at them,but that is not true because all my scars turn brown even non acne related ones that I never touch when healing. Ive noticed from looking up pictures and seeing how my mothers skin reacts and scars,that fair/white skin will turn pink or a lighter shade when scarring. So basically the opposite of my problem and ive tried a few different products before for scars but they never work. For example bio oil, aloe vera, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, vitamin e, lavender essential oil, even a skin bleaching cream, but I never see any results. I've tried to research this topic but I can't seem to find anything on it. If anyone else had a similar experience or knows how to treat this type of skin please let me know. Thank you!!

(The pics are from before i broke out and i either have no makeup on or very little cover up/concealer on)

post-475815-0-45275200-1438333021.jpg

post-475815-0-94430300-1438333040.jpg

post-475815-0-84619300-1438333055.jpg

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/31/2015 11:14 pm

go live your life !! , you have very beautiful skin

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 07/31/2015 11:58 pm

Uhhhh...what scars? I seriously can't see any.

There seems to be a whole bunch of these kinds of posts here recently.

MemberMember
(@1nov)

Posted : 08/01/2015 5:25 am

if I had your skin I would just use a full coverage foundation !

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/01/2015 5:58 am

Girl, be happy and live your life. You have good skin.

MemberMember
(@nycskinproblems92)

Posted : 08/06/2015 10:00 pm

I guess I wasnt very clear...the pictures are from before I broke out which caused scars. I thought I added that in somewhere, but maybe it didnt make sense. I hope someone will answer :( the pictures were to show my skin tone so other people with similar skin could share their input. I do not look like this anymore and I have dark marks all over my face. I just thought showing a picture of my skin before would better show the tone then a picture from now. Thanks for the responses anyways.