Notifications
Clear all

Can I Have Some Reassurance? Please

MemberMember
(@waternymph)

Posted : 07/25/2015 7:44 am

My skins a mess, a flare up of my dermotillamania has left me with wounds and scabs everywhere. It's my birthday party in 12 days. I'm telling myself I'll be healed. So today I felt another (_ANOTHER!!) pimple near my mouth/cheek. It was small but pink and tender. I know I shouldn't have but I squeezed. With barely any pressure, pus came out. It looked like a clogged pore, I swore again and some harder stuff came out. Then bloody fluid did, so I left it. And put antiseptic cream on. A few hours later it's still slightly swollen. There is a bright red dot in the centre. I'm praying it's all gone and won't get worse. Anyone tell me there experiences?

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 07/25/2015 8:47 am

I popped one of these recently and it was the exact same thing . Small red dot and swollen etc. I iced it for a bit and the next day there was no swelling but a tiny scab had formed. Wasnt too bad and it fell off within a day.

MemberMember
(@awwdear)

Posted : 07/25/2015 2:03 pm

don't worry. if a lot of pus came out, you're definetely okay - the pimple is gone, your skin just needs some time to recover. it depends on a person, for me it takes around four days. on the first day there's swelling, redness and the spot looks terrible (that's why i try to pop pimples when i'm not leaving the house). on the next three days there's no swelling and a scab is forming on the red spot. it usually falls off by itself after three days when i'm washing my face.

i actually like those kind. you know, those that you can pop and a lot of stuff comes out and then you are only dealing with a scab. right now i'm on accutane and the only pimples i get are those that are 100% unpoppable. small, without a head, not tender or painful at all, but definetely visible and take ages to go away. pimples with pus are wayyy better - the wound after popping looks terrible at first but you know that you're done with it.

MemberMember
(@nycskinproblems92)

Posted : 07/31/2015 4:18 am

Try using hydrocolloid bandages. They help to heal wounds faster and they absorb moisture. I just found out about these and after researching more I found that they are actually suppose to be really helpful for acne but are not very commonly used. I put one on just over night and it helped my picked at scab look better by the next day.

MemberMember
(@anthony121989)

Posted : 08/01/2015 12:21 pm

Hey I'm new but wanted to say just relax and use moisturizer I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I tear up my face. Tonight use honey and you will be shocked at how much it takes away teh redness. Leave it on your face for an hour. But wrap a towel around your neck because it will drop but it will be worth it in a few days.