Notifications
Clear all

Breakouts Before Amd After Period!

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 07/24/2015 12:21 pm

Am I the only one here who gets breakouts before and after period??

I usually breakout 10/7 days before my period and then my skin calms down.

But day 7 or 10 of my first cycle wich means after my period I breakout again!!

I know its commun for woman to experience flare ups before it but I never heard that it can be possible too to breakout after your periods. Because of this I dont even know if it is a specific hormonal problem (estrogen,testosterone...) or maybe a sensitivity to it?

I did a hormonal test and everythong came back normal even the testosterone was low!!. Doctor suspects that I have a sensibility to the receptors.

Bit where does that match with cycle flare ups??? I cant never understand this process of hormones.

So anyone deals with the same?

Thanks Porswis

MemberMember
(@nebulaeic)

Posted : 07/24/2015 4:27 pm

You may be breaking out because of your ovulation (mid cycle). My skin clears up dramatically during my period and for about 5-6 days afterwards just to start breaking out again until my next period again. Usually this is indicative of a problem with estrogen dominance. Did you have your estrogen levels checked? Also, was this a saliva test or a blood test? I've read that saliva tests tend to be more accurate.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 07/25/2015 6:27 am

You may be breaking out because of your ovulation (mid cycle). My skin clears up dramatically during my period and for about 5-6 days afterwards just to start breaking out again until my next period again. Usually this is indicative of a problem with estrogen dominance. Did you have your estrogen levels checked? Also, was this a saliva test or a blood test? I've read that saliva tests tend to be more accurate.

Are you sure? Ovulation occurs mid cycle and I breakout before it like 3/4 after my period.

Yes I had my estrogen normal level checked and they were in the normal range. I did a bloodtest because doctors here dont want to do the saliva test. I think I have a sensitivity to the androgen receptors.

MemberMember
(@crayonsnglu)

Posted : 09/30/2017 3:18 pm

Omg! I am the same way! I breakout 7-10 days before my period then is calms down incredibly and then i break out for a few days after my period stops. I thought I was the only one! The rest of the month is usually pretty ok except for some minor pimples. Sooo weird. Its worse the week before my period than the days after though. The end of October I am going to a reproductive endocrinologist to have blood work done because I am trying to get pregnant and its been a year and nothing! I am hoping if I have a hormonal imbalance they will find out what it is then.

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 10/02/2017 12:00 pm

Mine are the same meaning usually around time of ovulation ...let me know if you decide to do hormone testing and what youre results come back as

MemberMember
(@lanaodel)

Posted : 10/05/2017 10:29 am

I was the same when I was on Logynon birth control. It caused large, red, sore hormonal acne at predicable times throughout the month, including during any fluctuations during menstruation. I have since come off the pill and my skinhas calmed dramatically in a short time, so it's pretty much a waiting game now for the next period to see how long this will last...
I know of people who use peppermint tea for hormonal acne, I tried it 1-2 cups a day and believe it or not I am noticing a more controllable acne. Also skin accumax which I can't recommend enough! I have tried every treatment under the sun (literally) and my skin is in the process of healing after a massive breakout so fingers crossed... Hormonal acne is difficult t treat I'm afraid.

MemberMember
(@crayonsnglu)

Posted : 10/05/2017 7:14 pm

Hormonal acne really is annoying. When I was on the generic for Ortho-Cyclen my skin was amazing. Barely any pimples and my skin was less oily. I cannot wait until I can go back on it after having a baby!!

MemberMember
(@crayonsnglu)

Posted : 12/06/2017 7:49 am

On 10/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, swoleMom said:

Mine are the same meaning usually around time of ovulation ...let me know if you decide to do hormone testing and what youre results come back as

I have recently gone to a reproductive endocrinologist. Everything is normal except my thyroid levels were still hypo. They upped my dose and I also had testosterone checked and it was all normal not even in the upper range. So I am confused. I have noticed less big pimples since upping my thyroid medication but it might just be my imagination. I do know That the less stress I am under the better my skin is and it mostly just acts up in my pms week.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 01/31/2018 7:24 pm

I do experience this like what the... I hope I can control it but as long as they don't leave any scars then I'm good. :P