Notifications
Clear all

Post Laser Redness After 5 Months!

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/23/2015 11:20 pm

Hi I had my second laser resurfacing procedure in March this year and since then my skin has not looked better at all.

the past 2 months I've been getting horrible redness over my whole face when going from a cold place to a hot environment ie going from outside cold in winter to the canteen which is always boiling hot.

My face gets inflamed and looks slightly swollen and I notice a little bit of puss near the corners of my eyes (like the 'sleep' you get in the morning near your eyes) it settles after about 1-5-2 hrs later if I cover my face with cold water.

If someone makes me angry or try's to embarrass me (common in Australia) it gets worse

Does anyone have an idea what this may be? I think it may be my skin thinner after the laser and still healing because it takes from 6-12 months to get better.

I've spoke to my doc who did the laser but he's always so vague and keeps telling me to use moisturiser and sunscreen which I am doing.

I can't see this getting better :(

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 07/24/2015 1:32 am

I've heard of this happening after laser treatments. I have also heard of it being permanent.

I've had rosacea all of my life and have been extremely sensitive to temperature changes and such. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Unfortunately you just have to wait and see if it gets better. I would avoid the sun like the plague for at least another 3 months.

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 07/24/2015 6:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear this too. Don't lose hope though, I have heard of good results too that took longer to show. I've been considering lasers but haven't done it yet. If you are comfortable sharing, what laser was this? It also bothers me when doctors are vague.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/24/2015 7:48 pm

Gee I hope it goes away it was the palomar starlux 500 this pass I had was at a higher setting than the first for a better result I was told he would go deep on the scarring and a lighter pass on the no scarring to blend it all in but I do not know if he changed the setting when going over the different areas I can't trust what this guy says anymore.

the first 2 months I was getting small red marks all over my face the doctor had no idea and again kept telling me to moisturize and stay out of the sun which I was doing,but! The red marks remained so I just stopped everything after losing faith in this doctor and after 5-6 days the red marks went away although my skin was very dry,I assume clogged pores and something in the cream reacting to my sensitive skin.

Now I'm getting all over redness blushing from different temperatures if I get nervous it gets worse,I've done more internet research and apparently my skin is still healing and sensitive even though it looks normal bar the blushing,I'm staying out of the sun and using a light moisturiser morning and night after cleansing and it should subsidie in time.

I've noticed when I stopped using a moisturiser and was getting some sun on my face the redness began out if nowhere before when the red marks went away I thought I was in the clear but now just waiting 1 week and I should be good.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 07/27/2015 9:05 am

There is a board called IPL and Laser Damage Support, maybe some of the people there could be able to help? I am not saying you have "damage", but I think a lot of the people there get redness and sun sensitivity too and might have suggestions. I have never had laser so I am not sure why it causes flushing like that.

Tevez liked
MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/28/2015 2:59 am

There is a board called IPL and Laser Damage Support, maybe some of the people there could be able to help? I am not saying you have "damage", but I think a lot of the people there get redness and sun sensitivity too and might have suggestions. I have never had laser so I am not sure why it causes flushing like that.

Thanks for this I just joined

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/28/2015 4:01 am

Can you get Rosacea from laser resurfacing? I've never had rosacea before

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/29/2015 6:10 am

Can you get Rosacea from laser resurfacing? I've never had rosacea before

Today it was much better but still a bit red I stopped taking modafinil which Im using when I'm exausted at work,no coffee today and no stevia also I pray it's one if these and the redness flushing will cease.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/30/2015 3:50 am

No redness today it seems to only flare up if I'm tierd stressed and at work from cold to hot environments

Also no modafinil and no stevia today fingers crossed this will work

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/31/2015 3:55 am

Redness not as bad today but still there,I went to the doctor and he said it could last for 2 years!!!!! So it's been 6 months and it will go away which is a plus.

any triggers like hot to cold,stress,it will cause me to go red and now I have to use sunscreen everyday even if I'm inside because im sensitive still but it's improving.

Getting PRP done on Monday to speed up the healing process finally some light at the end of the tunnel

MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 08/01/2015 4:09 pm

doctor is stupid, i used the 4% hydroquinoe and then stopped after 2 weeks because i would be red, i have olive tone so i figured i need to take this red off and brought tamanu oil, heilchrysum oil and rosehip and already and the redness and pigments are evening out fast

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/01/2015 8:08 pm

doctor is stupid, i used the 4% hydroquinoe and then stopped after 2 weeks because i would be red, i have olive tone so i figured i need to take this red off and brought tamanu oil, heilchrysum oil and rosehip and already and the redness and pigments are evening out fast

I'm not happy but he doesn't care and takes on to many patients always rushing money hungry I presume

I have the 4% hydrocortisone cream but didn't use because i was told it thins the healing skin,my problem is the temperature changes reak havoc and make me go really really red like I'm blushing

do you get this?

How many weeks has it been for you?

MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 08/01/2015 8:54 pm

i got laser on 24 june there is some redness/ darkness still because he went heavy on the left side. I have used manuka honey and tamanu oil and helichrysum oil and rosehip and it seems to be healing fast also recommend lots of orange juice and avioding sun as much as possible with hat and sunscreen

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/01/2015 9:31 pm

i got laser on 24 june there is some redness/ darkness still because he went heavy on the left side. I have used manuka honey and tamanu oil and helichrysum oil and rosehip and it seems to be healing fast also recommend lots of orange juice and avioding sun as much as possible with hat and sunscreen

Thanks I'm doing this mainly using sorbolene daily and it's helping I haven't been using sunscreen because I'm always wearing a hat,tomorrow I'm getting PRP injections to speed up the healing process I just want the redness from temperature changes to stop!! Then I'll be ok

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/03/2015 1:06 am

Had PRP done and I'm on nothing at all that could cause redness no meds or anything hoping tomorrow at lunch i don't red up

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/07/2015 8:46 pm

,I'm really thinking its anxiety now combined with the heat and my working conditions at lunch I have to still with some people I can't stand in the canteen so it's hot,I'm bothered plus post laser redness shows up slightly when I'm stressed.

It only happens when I'm at work in the canteen so I'm going to try and avoid it now

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/07/2015 10:54 pm

you can try getting a couple rounds of vbeam perfecta.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/08/2015 12:02 am

Would that help? It only happens when I'm stressed my face gets inflammed and pumping red

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/16/2015 7:43 am

Well I know what the redness is its just still sensativity it will last another 6 months to 1 year not happy but I'll just have to pray it gets better fast.

Just started doing a manuka honey mask every night skin looks better but I go red quickly if stressed,hot or under pressure arghhh

MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 08/17/2015 6:20 am

lol feel ur pain man, i too have noticed that i got red when i get out of a hot car, feel your pain, im using manuka honey, tomatoes, potaoes, and tamanu oil aswell.