Notifications
Clear all

Why Is My Term Keeping Me On Accutane For 7 Months?!

MemberMember
(@tgreenhalgh)

Posted : 07/18/2015 12:00 pm

Hey guys! New user here, so let me give you my story. I had clear skin my entire life until I turned 23. One day I just noticed that I had a few pimples on my forehead and made a mental note to keep an eye on it. Well it progressively got worse, and after a year of trying every combination of topicals and antibiotics my dermatologist finally offered me Accutane. I immediately said yes and started registering for ipledge. After a month my skin already looked much better. My skin progressively got better on 40mg/day until month 4, where I had a slight breakout on my forehead. However, it was 4-5 active pimples and happened right before my appointment, so my derm upped my dose to 60mg/day. I have been clear ever since. I just finished month 6 and I have my appointment in 2 days. What are the odds that my dermatologist will tell me I'm done? Also, will it really make much of difference doing another month of treatment when I'm already clear? Any advice on what i should say to my Derm? I really would like to be done with treatment cause I live in SW Florida and I am missing the sun!

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 07/18/2015 4:54 pm

What's your weight? Studies show reaching higher cumulative doses lowers the chance of relapse. http://www.consultant360.com/story/high-dose-isotretinoin-cuts-acne-relapse-risk-without-upping-side-effects

MemberMember
(@tgreenhalgh)

Posted : 07/20/2015 4:56 pm

@jbird12 I just had my appointment this morning and I am all done! I am so happy. Thanks for the reply though!