Notifications
Clear all

Muscle Weakness Accutane

MemberMember
(@someonegood12)

Posted : 07/11/2015 3:53 pm

I am on 80mg a day at 75kilos. I have been noticing many side effects since day one and I want to discuss here before with my derm. I normally can do like 60 pushups pre-tane or so and the other day I could only do like 25. My muscles seem to stay sore longer, as well as knee and lowerback aches. I notice my hair falls out more and im always tired.

I would rather discuss here so I will know the outcome of what I say to my derm. Of course my overall health and safety are more important than being acne free, but barely since severe cystic acne pretty much had me not really living my life. But, I would rather just knock this course out in 3 more months and go back to school being normal than drag ass and take 7 months becuase my knees were a little sore.

Do any of these symptoms sound like something I should be concerned about or just stuff that will most likely blow over?

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/12/2015 4:04 am

How long have you been taking it for? I'm only a week in but I'm just over your weight on the same dose. I hit the gym 4 times a week and have already noticed a reduction in strenth. Lower back pain especially with squats and deadlifts. Recovery time is much longer. I think it is just something we have to deal with and should go away once the coarse is completed. I've already talked to my Derm about this and all of this is to be expected. Basically be carefull, if something is causing you excess pain then you need to take it east or quit that movement for awhile. Biggest concern is to not push ourself to hard or risk an injury, we are very fragile on this right now.

Also don't worry about the hair. Most likely you are just noticing the natural shedding more than normal. I was taking B5 an was paranoid my hair was falling out because everytime i ran my hands through it I would loose like 10 pieces, turns out it was normal and I just didn't notice how much I lost before hand.