Notifications
Clear all

Success Story: What Worked For Me . Diet

MemberMember
(@guinivere)

Posted : 07/07/2015 10:35 am

Hello all of you lovely people.

I have looked on this site so many times for inspiration, for advice, to try and find that missing thing that could get me clear.

I have tried absolutely bloody everything, from supplements ( I now have a box of around 100 different types) ,birth control ( came off it because I didn't want to screw my poor body any more) I've purchased almost every topical going, been to a Naturopath, been to the Dr, antibiotics, probiotics, colonics, salt water, Epsom salts, humiliating dermatology appointments involving having the crud sucked out of my skin and LAZERED by an unsympathetic woman which resulted in me going home with a bright red face and more spots....Peels, masks, plus I have tried vegan diets, juicing ... You name it.

Anyway- after 10 years of varying degrees of acne which depressed me beyond hope, I reached the point where it was time to do the thing I've never actually done. Eating properly.

It pains me to say this, but probably like many of you - I thought I was being healthy, starting my day with a green smoothie, but I was also restricting calories and trying to patch up the deficiencies - and living on coffee and then reaching for the chocolate.

So I recently went to a homeopath and we got talking. We discussed the fact that my vitamin and mineral levels were probably low owing to years living in Africa and Asia, sweating and not replacing electrolytes ( from only drinking bottled water ) we also discussed my diet. I have drunk alcohol and smoked a lot at various stages of my life and I also went through phases of bingeing and over exercising!! I'm not painting myself in the best light here

MemberMember
(@lna11)

Posted : 07/07/2015 1:00 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I've been trying to find a way to change my diet to improve all aspects of my life and I think this is going to help A LOT! Thank you for passing on this knowledge, I really appreciate it and I hope you are feeling more and more confident in yourself.

MemberMember
(@guinivere)

Posted : 07/07/2015 4:26 pm

Good luck Ina11. I have found that no matter what you put in your face if there is still inflammation caused from lifestyle factors and what we eat- such as caffeine and sugar and processed food then it's never a proper fix only a temporary respite! Let me know how you go! Xxx