Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion For Natural Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@hopelessboy)

Posted : 07/06/2015 7:21 pm

I've been using a honey mask every night for 20 minutes and my face feels soft and moisturized after. I wake up in the morning matte. However, I only wash my face with water in the morning and my face is so oily during the day and then I get a lot of whiteheads. So Im thinking that I need a moisturizer to prevent more oil. What are some all-natural home moisturizers I can use? I heard about milk, coconut oil, and olive oil but there are mixed reviews on those.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 07/06/2015 7:57 pm

You could try an oil like jojoba or hemp oil. Coconut oil seems to break a lot of people out and I have personally never heard of milk as a moisturizer. Jojoba oil (which is available on this site as part of the Regimen) doesn't agree with everyone either so it can be trial and error. Hemp oil is the only oil that has an "0" rating on the comedogenic scale which means there is absolutely nothing in it to clog your pores or irritate your skin.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@adren077)

Posted : 07/10/2015 11:29 pm

Olive and coconut oil cause a a lot of people to break out. That's why people are disappointed when trying the oil cleansing method, because they average mixture is olive and castor oil. I use grape seed oil and castor oil but that's off topic... I used coconut oil to moisturize around my eyes for a while because I heard it helps your skin look young in the long run but I ended up with blackheads near the bridge of my nose and a lot of blocked pores. Personally I would choose jojoba oil. I've heard a lot of good stuff about it and it is the closest thing to your skins natural oils so it should be fine. Goodluck!!

MemberMember
(@untafsirable)

Posted : 07/16/2015 10:26 am

not sure about preventing oil, but as far as natural goes, my mom used plain yogurt with egg white. and myself, I'm using aloe vera. some people add jojoba oil to make it less dry on your face.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/16/2015 11:19 am

I've used 100% Argan oil in the past with pretty good results. A little drop goes a very long way.